University of Houston-Victoria

International Programs

International Transcripts

International Academic Credentials/Transcripts

Due to COVID-19 please follow the below instructions:


  1. Students with high school, secondary, and senior secondary transcripts completed at an institution outside of the U.S. (12 years of schooling):
    You must submit your official/ unofficial academic transcripts electronically to these can be and not limited to, O/Ls, A/L transcripts, WAEC, NECO, SSC, HSC, IB, KSCE,  Edexcel, and other school leaving examinations.  The University will convert your academic transcript to the U.S. grade point average. These transcripts must be submitted electronically to along with your UHV ID. You must provide official transcripts within first seven days of your arrival to UHV or enrollment at UHV. These transcripts must be in English and must be legible. 

    * For students who are unable to sit for their national exams due to postponement or cancellation due to COVID-19, please submit your latest final transcript. We will grant you admissions conditionally. Once you arrive to the U.S., you will be given a opportunity to take the UHV Accuplacer Test in lieu of the national exam scores and will be placed in remedial courses according to the grades received in Accuplacer test. For students already with SAT scores the national exam results will be waived due to COVID-19. 

  2. Students with university and college level courses, degrees, and professional licensing completed at an institution outside of the U.S.:
    If you are a student with university and college level courses, degree and professional licensing completed at an institution outside of the U.S. must submit clear and legible transcripts and English translated clearly legible transcripts to along with your UHV ID. This is in-lieu of the NACES institute course-by-course evaluation. Due to COVID-19 some international transcript evaluation agencies through are closed. We will review clear legible English translated transcripts if admissible UHV will offer conditional admissions. In order to be fully admitted or the condition to be removed you have 120 days from the day you arrive to UHV or enroll for classes at UHV to complete the official international transcript evaluation process listed below. 

  3. Students with certificates, courses, degrees completed in the U.S.: 
    Due to COVID-19 we understand that some U.S. institutions are closed. We will grant you conditional admissions based on unofficial transcripts, however, you are responsible to provide UHV with an official transcript from the U.S. institution within the first 45 days of your arrival to UHV or enrollment at UHV. 

We understand these are unprecedented times, however UHV is going the best to ensure that students admissions to the university is not delayed or prolonged. 

The Steps to Follow in providing official transcripts:

Secondary Credentials (High School) - Outside the U.S.

Submit all official secondary school transcripts, mark sheets, and diplomas/certificates. These need to indicate the date of graduation. Official academic credentials must be submitted in the original language(s) of issue and with an official English translation. Once submitted, all records become the property of the University of Houston-Victoria and will not be returned.

In order for unofficial or photocopies of transcripts to be accepted as official, they must be attested or certified by one of the following authorities:

  1. Ministry of Education of your country or country where high school is located
  2. Graduating Institution authority, such as Registrar, Principal, Controller of Examination, Vice Rector or Rector. Institution authorities vary and should be sent by highest issuing authority.
  3. EducationUSA
  4. Diplomatic Mission Representation in the United States such as Consulate, Chancellery, High Commission or Embassy, when 1-3 not available.

Contact the International Programs Office at for other means of attestation. 

You can submit documents online via email to

Pending Graduation Confirmation:

If you are a student whose final transcript is pending, please submit your most-recent transcripts along with a letter from your high school/secondary school confirming that you are expected to graduate to UHV International Programs at The letter should include the expected graduation date. Upon arrival to the U.S., you must present UHV with the official copy of the final transcript. Failing to submit proof of graduation upon arrival (or a date discussed with the International Programs Office) will result in the cancellation of your admissions and termination of your immigration record. 


Higher Education Credentials (College/University) - Outside the U.S.

UHV is not able to evaluate international higher education level coursework. In order for us to transfer credit to UHV and/or verify your Bachelor or Master degree from a international institution, you must submit transcripts to a National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member. Of these members, we strongly suggest evaluation agencies such as ECE, IACE, and WES, and we do not recommend FACS, GCE (this is a good organization, but evaluation takes more time to receive to the institution as they do not have an electronic method to send transcripts to institutions), SpanTran, or AES. SpanTran is not able to verify credentials from certain countries, which we require, and AES requires that students ship their original and only diploma, which we do not recommend. You should begin the credential evaluation process in a timely manner, as it may take 3-6 weeks for the evaluation to be completed and sent to UHV.  All evaluations should be Course by Course Analysis. When the evaluation is completed, please request for the evaluation agency to send an official evaluation to the International Programs Office or send directly via email to through the secure portal. 

The evaluation process cost starts at $170, although the cost varies by NACES member. You are responsible to pay the fees and complete the evaluation process. All evaluation reports and transcripts MUST be sent directly to the International Programs Office or via email

Evaluations must be no older than 5 years.

For Temporary Non-Immigrant F-1/J-1 Visa Holders:

Once you enroll and begin classes at UHV, UHV will waive up to $170 from your first semester's tuition to help defray the cost of the evaluation if conducted at our request. Evaluations completed prior to your UHV application are not eligible for this waiver. Please note that you will need to enroll and attend the first semester for this scholarship to be applied. Applicants who choose not to enroll at UHV do not receive a waiver or any further compensation. 

If you have a prior evaluation with another evaluation agency, you may request the evaluation agency to send the official evaluation with verification and supporting credentials/education documents for our International Programs Office to review and verify if it meets our admissions requirements. We reserve the right to not agree with evaluation agency recommendations if they do not meet our admission standards. Check with your evaluation agency to see if they are able to provide an official evaluation electronically to for faster application review. 

Pending Transfer Course Work/Graduation:

Due to COVID-19 we will provide conditional admissions to UHV until courses and degrees are posted. However, we need transcript(s) saying the courses and degrees are pending confirmation or have the institution email indicating courses/degree is pending confirmation. 

If you are student at an institution in the U.S. or at an institution outside of the U.S. with pending final grades or pending degree confirmation, please provide an official letter from your institution confirming the completion of the course work/degree program with a listed course completion date. Upon arrival to UHV, you must present the official final transcript. If from an institution outside the U.S., update your evaluation agency with the final transcript for evaluation. Failing to submit a final transcript upon arrival (or a date confirmed with the International Programs Office) will result in a termination of your admissions and immigration record.