University of Houston-Victoria

International Programs

Graduate Admissions Requirements

Admission to a graduate program is based on the following:

  • Graduate Admission Index, which is calculated using the following information:
    • Applicant's grade point average (GPA) on all higher education coursework attempted (undergraduate and/or graduate) in the last 60 hours of the applicant's most recent program 
    • The scores on General Aptitude Test (verbal and quantitative sections only) of the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE)  
      • Programs in the School of Business Administration require the GMAT.
      • All other programs require the GRE.

Steps to Apply as a Graduate Student

  • Apply Texas Application - Submit a completed online ApplyTexas Application to the University of Houston-Victoria. The application to UHV is a non-refundable fee of $25.00. Students must pay the application fee in order for UHV to process the application. Click to learn how to make the application fee payment. 
    • The application takes 3 days to transmit to UHV. Once it is transmitted, you will receive an email with your student ID and instructions for how to activate your JagSpace accessYou can check your To Do List via your myUHV online student account and access your email via your JagSpace portal.

  • Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts
    • Applicants for a UHV graduate program must have earned a Bachelor degree or higher. The Bachelor degree must be from an accredited institution in the United States or be verified to meet the U.S. equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor degree if originating from an institution outside the US. International institutions which may not be formally accredited by United States accrediting agencies must be recognized as maintaining high academic standards and authorized to grant degrees by the Ministry of Education or appropriate government agency in the country where the institution is located. In order for this to be verified by UHV, see the following link.

    • Higher Education Credentials (College/University Level) - Outside the U.S.
      • Follow the instructions found in this link very closely if you have ANY higher education coursework from outside the U.S.
  • Official Test Scores

Graduate students are required to submit GRE or GMAT scores for all programs, unless otherwise stated. 

As mentioned above, students must also submit proof of the English Proficiency Requirement

All official test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT) must be submitted directly from the testing organizations. If you wish to submit official TOEFL, GRE, GMAT scores, our institutional code is 6917. 


If you have online score profiles for each testing organization, unique IDs, DOB, Name and TRF# for IELTS and IPO staff can verify through the testing organization. This is the preferred option to expedite your application. If not, official test scores may take 15 business days to process from the time you make the payment. 

  • F-1 Student Agreement FormFill out the F1 Student Agreement Form and email it to
    • You can also find this form on our Forms page (link in the left side menu).

  • Proof of Funding. Submit the Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form along with official bank statements/documents. If you have more than one sponsor, each additional sponsor must complete a separate Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and submit official bank statements/documents in their name. 
    • You can also find this form on our Forms page (link in the left side menu).
    • Bank statements must be less than 6 months from their issue date when submitted to the International Programs Office. 
    • Bank statements must have enough funds for 1 year's cost of attendance
    • You can scan both the Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form and the Bank Statement to

      Please note:  The documents which we require are for UHV Admissions purposes only. We strongly encourage you to visit your country U.S. Embassy for specific F-1 student documents needed for your U.S. visa interview.

  • Additional International Documents.
    • Copy of your passport
      • If already in the U.S., we also need a copy of your current visa, all I-20s, and most-recent I-94.

  • Additional required program documents (letters of recommendation, essays, resumes, etc.) may also be requested for specific degree programs.
  • Bacterial Meningitis Students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses. Admission may be granted without immunization record. This is not required to make the admissions decision, but it is required prior to registering for courses.

Once you are admitted, you can receive your immigration documents via express mail (FEDEX/DHL). You are responsible for this shipping method and will need a credit card to make the payment. You will need to create an account at to receive immigration documents as quickly as 8-10 business days. If you are a student with no credit card, visit your local FEDEX/DHL office, make the payment there, and send us the tracking number. 

Do not pay for shipping unless you are fully admitted to UHV. 

If you do not wish to use the express mail option, please let us know that you wish to receive the immigration documents via regular mail. Regular mail may take between 4-6 weeks to reach your home and may cause U.S. visa delays. During the holiday season, expect that additional delays may cause you to defer your enrollment for the next semester. We strongly recommend that you use the express mail option. 


International Student Admissions
C/O International Programs Office
University of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson St. 
University West, Suite 228
Victoria, TX 77901