Exchange Partnership Students
If you are a student from an exchange partnership program with UHV, you should complete the application steps below. In order to guarantee admissions to the program all students must complete the process no later than the date listed below.
Fall semester: June 1st Spring semester: November 1st
- Complete the ApplyTexas application. Application fee is waived for exchange students, disregard the application fee portal.
- In the application, create a new 4-year university undergraduate application or create a new graduate admissions application"
- Select the target university as the “University of Houston-Victoria”
- Select application type as International Freshman, International Transfer or International Graduate
- Select a semester (Fall or Spring)
- Select your School according to your program , School of Arts and Science, School of Business Administration or School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development.
- Once you select your school/Department select your "major" as "Transient/Visiting Student". By selecting this, UHV is able to assist you to register for the courses that you desire without pre-requisites.
- After submitting the application submit the following documents:
- Copy of your demographics page of your passport
- J-1 agreement form (this form will be emailed to you, once you submit #1 and the complete application. If you are arriving as a F-1 visa student. We will need the F-1 agreement completed.
- Official or unofficial transcript from the current institution you are attending. If you are submitting an unofficial transcript, we need for you to bring the official transcript along with you when you are arriving to the U.S.
- In order to issue the immigration document the university requires a proof of funding for $5000 per semester. If proof of funding is NOT available a letter from the university official must accompany your application indicating that funds will be available. Sample documents for proof of funding are: bank statement(s) from a bank, loan documents, financial aid documents or other documents as evidence of funding.
- If bringing dependents to the U.S., additional $3000 each per dependent in bank statement and a copy of dependents passport
- English Proficiency Requirement is waived for partner university exchange students.
- Check application status
Other Important Information Exchange Students must know
All new entering international and transfer international students are required to read all the necessary information listed below: