University of Houston-Victoria

International Programs


Making The Payment to UHV

All international students must make all financial arrangements before arriving at University of Houston-Victoria (UHV). UHV cannot and will not assume financial responsibility for international students and their families. To be admitted to and attend UHV, you are responsible for supplying the amount of funds you indicated on the financial affidavit which you/your sponsor submitted to UHV and you are required to have access to the total among typed on item #7 on your I-20 and Item #5 on your DS2019 (If applicable) form. On-campus employment is limited and must meet eligibility criteria ypon your arrival to UHV. In addition, students should not expect to finance their studies by working in the U.S. Evidence of financial support was required as part of your application and your verification that you would have to work to support yourself in the U.S.

We do not encourage you to carry large amounts of cash which traveling. Upon arrival you will be able to open a bank account. It is also recommended that you bring $500 in cash in U.S. current for taxi, phone, books and other immediate charges that may occur upon your arrival to UHV. 

While in the U.S., you are responsible for all financial oblications: health insurance, books, rent, telephone bill, credit card expenses, food, shelter, etc and for all bills owed to UHV. This is a serious matter because a student will not be allowerd to continue their studies at our institution until all tuition and fees are paid in full. Failing to register for courses due to unpaid balance to the University will result in cancellation of your immigration status in the Unites States. 

Steps to Make the Payment (s) to UHV

  • Make the entire payment in full. If you or your sponsor is planning to make the entire payment in full, you can do so by electronic wire directly to the UHV bank account via Western Union or any other method. Credit card/Debit card payments will add a 1.55% credit card processing fee. Please visit the Payment Options to learn how you can make the payment in full. 


  • All new students are REQUIRED to make a $4000 payment on or before the mandatory orientation date listed on your immigration document. The first start date listed on your immigration document is the orientation date. This payment can be made via electronic wire transfer directly to UHV or credit card (1.55% service fee is applied) or international draft or money order. The $4000 will move towards the mandatory health insurance, tuition and fees and room and board. Please visit the Payment Options to learn how you can make this payment. 

    International stdent athletes must make necessary arrangements to complete the payments to the University on or before the deadline. 

  • Once the $4000 minimum payment is made, students are able to register for the UHV payment plan. If you sign up for the payment plan, the payments are due 1st of each month. For example: September 1st, October 1st, November 1st for fall semester and February 1st, March 1st and April 1st for the spring semester. One time fee of $20 fee will be charged to your account to register for the installment plan. To register for the payment plan visit your MyUHV Student Account and click on Payments Plans. You can use the same login credentials as you did to apply to UHV and register for courses. 


  • Once you pay the $4000 minimummpayment, students are able to register for the UHV tuition loan. The tuition loan provides an extension up to November 1st for fall semester and April 1st for Spring semester to pay the remaining balance in full. To register for the payment plan visit your MyUHV Student Account and click on to Payment Plans. You can use the same login credentials as you did to apply to UHV and register for courses.

For more information, please contact UHV Student Billing Department at or via phone at (361) 570-4833. Student Billing Office is open Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, closed on Saturday, Sunday and Federal holidays. 

If you wish to wire the funds through wire transfer to UHV, please email for the information.

Exchange students and Sponsored Students

International Programs Office will work with you in regards to your payment. Please connect with an International Student Advisor two weeks prior to your departure date to confirm your total expenses for the semester/year and payment arrangements. Your home campus or your sponsored organization will provide you with a detail list of your expenses here in the U.S. and to UHV. Please make sure you learn of your expenses prior to your depature.