First Time Account Setup
First Time Logging Into Your UHV Account
- Your username is the 7-digit UHV ID number found in your acceptance letter or email
- Your default password is in the format of mmddyyx! where:
- mmddyy is your six-digit date of birth
- x is the first letter of your last name in lowercase
- ! (exclamation point - Shift + 1 on the keyboard)
- For example, if Jane Smith's date of birth is January 15, 1980, then her default password is 011580s!
STEP 1: Log into JagSpace
- Go to JagSpace site at https://jagspace.uhv.edu.
- Enter your UHV ID in the "Username" field
- Enter your default password in the "Password" field
- Click the “Log In” button
STEP 2: Changing your password for the first time.
- Enter your default password in the "Old Password" field
- Enter your new password in the “New Password”field. New passwords need to meet the following conditions:
- at least eight characters long
- must be a combination of letters, number, and special characters (!@#$%^&;)
- Passwords cannot contain the user's name.
- It cannot be a simple English dictionary word
- Re-enter your new password in the Confirm Password field
- Click "Change Password" button
- If successful click the Continue button, proceed to Step 3, else review error message and try again
STEP 3: Set your password recovery questions
Setting up these password recovery questions is the ONLY way to reset a forgotten password after hours. If you forget your password in the future, you can select "Reset Password" to reset your password by using these recovery questions.
- Set up your password recovery questions by selecting your questions from the drop down menus
- Select two of the questions, enter in the appropriate answers. Please note that the answers are case-sensitive
- Click "Update Configuration"
- You are now ready to sign into JagSpace and other campus resources