University of Houston-Victoria

Human Resources


Frequently Asked Questions

What is the status of my application?

You can contact Human Resources by phone at 361-570-4801 to check on the status of your application.


What kind of medical and dental insurance can I get?

You can find out about UHV's benefits at the ERS website or Contact Denise Prescott at 361-570-4803 for more information.


How many hours of vacation does a benefits eligible employee accrue each month?

Credit for one month's vacation leave accrual is given for each month or fraction of a month of state employment and is posted on the first day of employment and on the first day of each succeeding month thereafter.

Length of Total
State Employment
Maximum Hours to Be Carried
Forward from One
Fiscal Year to Next
Less than 2 years 8 180
2 but less than 5 years 9 244
5 but less than 10 years 10 268
10 but less than 15 years 11 292
15 but less than 20 years 13 340
20 years but less than 25 15 388
25 years but less than 30 17 436
30 years but less than 35 19 484
35 years or more 21 532


What is the holiday schedule for staff?

The holiday schedule for staff can be found here: UHS Holiday Schedule


Are pay plans on the website?

Yes, the pay plans can be found here:


What is the website for changing insurance info?

The website for changing your insurance info is or you can contact Denise Prescott at 361-570-4803 for more information.


How do I contact the Human Resources department?

You can contact Human Resources by phone at 361-570-4801.


I am a new benefits eligible employee at the University. When am I eligible to take vacation leave?

Although vacation hours are earned beginning on the first day of employment, employees are not eligible to take vacation until they have completed six months of continuous employment with the state of Texas.