University of Houston-Victoria

Human Resources

Workers' Compensation

Workers compensation benefits are provided to UHV employees through the State Office of Risk Management (SORM), in accordance with regulations set by the Texas Workers' Compensation Commission (TWCC).  Workers' compensation is a state-regulated insurance program that pays medical bills and replaces some lost wages for employees who are injured at work or who have work-related diseases or illnesses.

Workers' Compensation Procedures

The University has internal reporting procedures that employees and supervisors are required to follow in order to ensure the required state reporting requirements are met.

State Office of Risk Management website

Texas Department of Insurance website

To find out more about Workers' Compensation or to file a claim, please contact Devon Dueser at 361.570.4803 or Human Resources at 361.570.4801.