University of Houston-Victoria


Required Residence Policy

The university requires all students with less than 60 completed semester credit hours or under 20 years of age to reside in the university residence halls. Students under the required residence policy, however, will be automatically exempted if they live with a parent or legal guardian within a 50 mile radius of Victoria which will be verified by the Department of Residence Life. All other students wishing to reside off campus who live outside the 50 mile radius must complete a Housing Exemption Request Form which is available at the Department of Residence Life or online at: www.uhv.edu/housing. Submission of an exemption form does not guarantee approval, so students are advised not to make other housing arrangements until approval is received. Registered students required to live on campus who do not receive approval for exemptions will be billed for on-campus housing.

Requests for housing exemptions should be submitted prior to July 15th for the Fall Semester and prior to December 1st for the Spring Semester. The Department of Residence Life Director reviews the request and notifies the students of their exemption status. Until written notification is received, students who request exceptions to the policy should not make arrangements to live off–campus.