University Of Houston-Victoria
University of Houston System at Sugar Land
14000 University Boulevard
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
|Work Telephone:||281-275-3300||Work Email:||email@example.com|
- Ph.D. Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Finance, 2004
- M.S. Tsinghua University, Economics, 1997
- B.E. Tsinghua University, Automotive Engineering, 1994
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business Administration, University of Houston - Victoria (2010 - Now)
- Assistant Professor of Finance, School of Business Administration, University of Houston - Victoria (2004 - 2010)
- Research Assistant, Department of Finance, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (2000 - 2004)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Wang, H. , Sakr, S. , Ning, Y. & Davidson, W. N. (2010, December). Board Composition after Mergers, Does the Market care?. Journal Of Empirical Finance, 17(5), 837-851.
- Liu, Y. , Ning, Y. & Davidson, W. N. (2010, August). Earnings Management and the Pricing of New Debt. Financial Review, 45(3), 659-681.
- Ning, Y. , Davidson, W. N. & Wang, J. (2010). Does Optimal Corporate Board Size Exist? An Empirical Analysis. Journal of Applied Finance, 20(2), 57-69.
- Wang, J. , Zhao, J. , Ning, Y. & Yu, P. (2009). Transformation of Chinese State-owned Enterprises: Challenges and Responses. Multinational Business Review, 17, 99-121.
- Metghalchi, M. , Du., J. & Ning, Y. (2009). Validation of Moving Average Trading Rules: Evidence from Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan. Multinational Business Review, 17(3), 101-122.
- Ning, Y. , Metghalchi, M. & Du, J. (2009, Winter). Large Changes in Board Size, Corporate Governance, and Firm Value. Corporate Ownership and Control, 17(2), 440-450.
- Jiraporn, P. , Davidson, W. , DaDalt, P. & Ning, Y. (2009). Too Busy To Show Up? An Analysis of Directors' Absences. Quarterly Review Of Economics And Finance, 49, 1159-1171.
- Davidson, W. , Ning, Y. , Rakowski, D. & ElSaid, E. (2008). The Antecedents of Simultaneous Appointments to CEO and Chair. Journal of Management and Governance, 12, 381-401.
- Zhong, K. , Cao, Y. & Ning, Y. (2008). The Deregulatory Effects of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 on the Broadcasting Industry: Expectations vs. Reality. Journal Of Accounting And Public Policy, 27, 238-261.
- Davidson, W. , Xie, B. , Xu, W. & Ning, Y. (2007, Spring). The Influence of Executive Age, Career Horizon, Incentives, and Forced Departures on Pre-Turnover Earnings Management. Journal of Management and Governance, 11, 45-60.
- Ning, Y. , Davidson, W. N. & Zhong, K. (2007, Fall). The Variability of Board Size Determinants: An Empirical Analysis. Journal of Applied Finance, 46-61.
- Jiraporn, P. & Ning, Y. (2006, Winter). Dividend Policy, Shareholder Rights, and Corporate Governance. Journal of Applied Finance, 16(2), 24-36.
- Davidson, W. , Sakr, S. & Ning, Y. (2004, Spring). Competition for Board Seats Following Stock-for-Stock Mergers.. Journal Of Financial Research, 55-73.
- Tong, S. & Ning, Y. (2004, Winter). Does Capital Structure Affect Institutional Investor Choices. Journal Of Investing, 53-66.
- Davidson, W. , Ning, Y. & Sakr, S. (2007). Institutional Ownership in S&P Index Financial Corporations (lead article). In Linda M. Cornwall (Ed.),New Developments in Banking and Finance (pp.1-33). New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Sakr, S. , Davidson, W. & Ning, Y. (2007). Board Composition Following Large Bank Mergers. In Linda M. Cornwall (Ed.),New Developments in Banking and Finance (pp.221-246). New York: Nova Science Publishers.