University Of Houston-Victoria
|Name:||Xavier Garza Gomez|
|Work Address:||University of Houston System at Sugar Land
14000 University Boulevard
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
|Work Telephone:||281-275-3300||Work Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Ph.D. Nagoya City University, Economics, 2001
- M.B.A. ITESM at Laguna, Finance, 1993
- M.S. ITESM at Monterrey, Systems and Quality Control, 1992
- B.S. ITESM at Laguna, Mechanical Engineering, 1989
- Chartered Financial Analyst , 2004
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business Administration, UHV (2008 - Now)
- Assistant Professor of Finance, School of Business Administration, UHV (2002 - 2008)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance, College of Business Administration, California State University (2001 - 2002)
- Research Associate, Nagoya City University (2000 - 2001)
- Research Associate and Lecturer, ITESM at Laguna, Center for Strategic Studies (1993 - 1995)
- Lecturer, ITESM at Laguna, Administration Department (1992 - 1993)
- Research Assistant, ITESM at Monterrey, Graduate and Research Division, Quality Control Department (1990 - 1992)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Lee, Y. & Garza Gomez, X. (2012). Market-based approximation of the cost of non-conformance associated with the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence.
- Lee, Y. G. & Garza Gomez, X. (2012). Total Cost of the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Reflected in US Stock Market. Journal of Accounting and Finance.
- Metghalchi, M. , Chang, Y. & Garza Gomez, X. (2012). Technical Analysis of the Taiwanese Stock Market. International Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Chen, C. , Metghalchi, M. & Garza Gomez, X. (2011). Technical Analysis of the Danish Stock Market. Journal is not in list - being petitioned, 3(SI 2), 107-116.
- Metghalchi, M. & Garza Gomez, X. (2011). Trading Rules for the Abu Dhabi Stock Index. Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, 7(1).
- Garza Gomez, X. & Metghalchi, M. (2011). The effects of financial modernization on market efficiency: The case of the Mexican Stock Market. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 2011(3), 89-101.
- Garza Gomez, X. , Metghalchi, M. & Chen, C. (2010, Summer). Technical Analysis: Evidence from the Mexican Stock Market. The Business Review, Cambridge, 15(2).
- Al-Nasser, O. M. & Garza Gomez, X. (2009). Do Well-Functioning Financial Systems Affect the FDI Flows to Latin America?. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 29, 60-75.
- Metghalchi, M. , Garza Gomez, X. , Glasure, Y. & Chang, Y. (2008, Jan-Mar). Are Moving Average Trading Rules Profitable? Evidence form the Mexican Stock Market. Journal Of Applied Business Research, 24(1), 115-128.
- Metghalghi, M. , Glasure, Y. , Garza Gomez, X. & Chen, C. (2007, September). Profitable Technical Trading Rules for the Austrian Stock Market. International Business and Economics Research Journal, 6, 49-58.
- Metghalchi, M. , Garza Gomez, X. & Chen, C. (2006, Summer). Trading Breakout Rules: Evidence from South Korea. The Business Review, Cambridge, 5(2), 143-146.
- Garza Gomez, X. & Metghalchi, M. (2006). Emerging equity markets: to invest or not to invest. Journal Of Applied Business Research, 22(1), 57-68.
- Metghalchi, M. , Garza-Gomez, X. , Chen, C. & Monsef, S. (2005, July). Market Efficiency for S&P 500:1954-2004. International Business and Economics Research Journal, 4(7), 23-30.
- Metghalchi, M. , Garza-Gomez, X. & Chang, W. (2003, Fall). Emerging markets: Where is the Benefit of diversification? . Global Business Finance Review, 8(2), 13-22.
- Garza Gomez, X. (2001, November). The information content of the book-to-market ratio. Financial Analysts Journal, 57(6).
- Garza Gomez, X. , Hodoshima, J. & Kunimura, M. (2001, June). Reexamining the robustness of the market value of equity. Asian-Pacific Financial Markets, 8(2), 61-85.
- Garza Gomez, X. (2000, Nov/Dec). Cross-section regression analysis of beta in the ups and downs of the Japanese stock market. Journal Of Economics And Business, 52(6), 515-33.
- Garza Gomez, X. , Okumura, M. & Kunimura, M. (2000). Discretionary accrual models and the accounting process. Kobe University Economic Review, 45, 103-135.
- Garza Gomez, X. , Hodoshima, J. & Kunimura, M. (1998, Nov/Dec). Does size really matter in Japan?. Financial Analysts Journal, 52(6), 22-34.
- Garza Gomez, X. (2006). Empirical evaluation of discretionary accruals models. In Greg Gregoriou and Mohamed Gaber (Ed.),International Accounting: Standards, Regularions, Financial Reporting (pp.523-548). Holland: Elsevier.