University Of Houston-Victoria
|Work Address:||University of Houston-Victoria
3007 North Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
|Work Telephone:||361-570-4848||Work Email:||email@example.com|
- Ed.D. Florida International University, Curriculum and Instruction/Reading, 1996
- M.Ed. Nova Southeastern University, Reading, 1982
- B.A. Florida Atlantic University, Learning Disabilities, 1979
- Reading K-12 , 2001
- Learning Disabilities K-12 , 2001
- Gifted Education K-12 , 2001
- American Montessori Certification , 2001
Relevant Teaching Experience
- Associate Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, University of Houston Victoria, School of Education (2001 - Now)
- Assistant Professor Curriculum & Instruction, Texas A&M University Corpus-Christi, College of Education (1999 - 2001)
- Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, University of Houston Victoria, Division of Education (1997 - 1999)
- Visiting Professor, Florida Internation University, School of Education (1996 - 1997)
- Reading Resource Specialist, Reading/English Teacher, Student Government Sponsor, Senior Class Spons, School Board of Broward County, Stranahan High School (1984 - 1990)
- Developer/Instructor, Learning Plus (1984 - 1987)
- Instructor, College Bound S.A.T. Preparation (1984 - 1986)
- Special Education Teacher, Reading Teacher, Student Government Sponsor, School Board of Broward County, Dillard High School (1979 - 1984)
- Head Teacher Preschool-Kindergarten, L'Academie Montessori School (1974 - 1979)
- Assistant Teacher Preschool-Kindergarten, Westside Montessor School (1971 - 1973)
Academic Scholarship/Research/Creative Endeavors
- Fry, J. D. (2010, June). A Systematic Approach to Measuring Inquiry in Teacher Education. Studies in Learning, Evaluation, Innovation, and Development, 7(1), 37 - 51.
- Fry, J. D. (2010). (2010) Science literacy circles: Big ideas about Science. .. Science Activities.
- Youong, A. & Fry, J. (2008). (2008). Metacognitive awareness and academic achievement in college students.. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Fry, J. D. , Patton, B. & Klages, C. (2008). Teacher candidates and master math teachers' personal concepts about teaching mathematics. Education.
- Fry, J. D. & Bolick, M. (2004). Inquiry Into the Influence of a Partnership on the Beliefs and Practices of Preservice Teachers. Teacher Education.
- Fry, J. D. & Fox, B. (2001). Bridging the gap between teacher education programs and elementary school practices. State of Reading.
- Fry, J. D. , Zaragoza, N. & Beam, D. (2000). University and classroom conversations: Tran formative education found, lost, and found again. College Reading: Perspectives and Practices.. The College Reading Association Monograph Series..