The UHV Guarantee is a financial aid opportunity that awaits new students attending UHV full time. Students will receive a $1,200 scholarship for UHV Jaguar Village housing expenses for the academic year. The scholarship is renewable for an additional year provided you are meeting the criteria.
To be eligible for the UHV Guarantee, a student must be:
- A new UHV full time student pursuing a degree.
- Eligible to receive federal, state and/or university aid as verified by a completed FAFSA or TASFA.
- Taking face-to-face classes on the Victoria campus at UHV for undergraduates and enrolled full time (9 semester credit hours for graduate students), for each semester.
- Freshmen and Sophomore - 12 hours face to face
- Juniors, Seniors, and Graduates - Full time at UHV
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress at the end of the first academic year at UHV.
Steps to Receive the UHV Guarantee for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Apply for admission to UHV (returning students do not need to reapply).
- Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA or TASFA.
- Register for classes.
- Sign up for housing.
- Review the "To-Do" list for required documents in myUHV and submit them in person to the Office of Financial Aid (Room 110, University West), by fax (361) 580-5555 or by e-mail.
- Check your UHV student e-mail account frequently for information regarding your financial aid status.
- Accept your grant and scholarship awards in the Financial Aid section of myUHV.
For more information about the UHV Guarantee, renewal requirements, and all other financial aid opportunities, call the Office of Financial Aid at (361) 570-4125 or toll free at (877) 970-4848, ext. 4125.