UHV Commitment Scholarship
The UHV Commitment Scholarship (formerly UHV Guarantee Scholarship) is a financial aid opportunity that awaits new students attending UHV full time. Students can receive up to a $2,400 scholarship for UHV Jaguar Village housing expenses for the academic year. The scholarship is renewable for an additional three years, provided you are meeting the criteria.
1st Year Award - $600 per semester
2nd Year Award - $800 per semester
3rd Year Award - $1000 per semester
4th Year Award - $1200 per semester
The scholarship can be awarded up to a maximum of 4 years.
To be eligible for the UHV Commitment Scholarship, a student must be:
- A new UHV full time student pursuing a degree.
- Taking classes on the Victoria campus at UHV for undergraduates and enrolled full time (9 semester credit hours for graduate students), for each semester.
- Freshmen and Sophomore - 12 hours face to face
- Juniors, Seniors, and Graduates - Full time at UHV
- Must maintain satisfactory academic progress at the end of the first academic year at UHV.
Steps to Receive the UHV Commitment Scholarship
- Apply for admission to UHV (returning students do not need to reapply).
- Register for classes.
- Sign up for housing.
- Review the "To-Do" list for required documents in myUHV and submit them in person to the Office of Financial Aid (Room 110, University West), by fax (361) 580-5555 or by e-mail.
- Check your UHV student e-mail account frequently for information regarding your financial aid status.
- Accept your grant and scholarship awards in the Financial Aid section of myUHV.
For more information about the UHV Commitment Scholarship, renewal requirements, and all other financial aid opportunities, call the Office of Financial Aid at (361) 570-4125 or toll free at (877) 970-4848, ext. 4125.