UHV Presidential Scholarship
The UHV Presidential Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes and promotes academic excellence. Up to ten $5,000 scholarships will be awarded each year to entering freshmen. The scholarships will be renewable for 4 years (8 consecutive terms) provided that the student meets the criteria for the scholarship.
- Graduating students must have a 3.75 GPA
- Submit a 750-1000 word electronic (typed) essay explaining how you plan to use your education to make a contribution to society. Include your Full Name and UHV ID Number. Deadline for essay submission is May 1st for that Fall/Spring academic year. Please send essay to FinAid@uhv.edu.
- Be accepted to the University of Houston-Victoria.
- Complete and submit either a UHV Scholarship Application Form or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Maintain at least 12 new credit hours at UHV with at least a 3.0 GPA each term (fall and spring terms)
- Send a Thank You Letter to the UHV President by December 1st each year. Provide a copy of the letter to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Be a student in good standing (no Code of Conduct violations, no financial holds, etc.)