Other Important Loan Information
- Students can access information about their Federal student loan and grant history at the https://studentaid.gov website. Students will need an FSA ID and password to access the information.
- When a loan recipient withdraws, drops below half-time, or graduates, he or she must complete an Loan Exit Counseling session on the web at the following address: https://studentaid.gov. A Return of Title IV Funds calculation will be processed if a student totally withdraws from all classes, which may result in a balance owed to UHV.
- In the event of a parent refusing to complete the parent section of the FAFSA and refusing to support a dependent student, a Financial Aid Specialist may deem the student eligible for an unsubsidized loan at dependent annual loan limits. Additional documentation will be required. Submit a signed written statement from parent(s) stating that he/she is refusing to provide both support and information for the FAFSA. If the parents refuse to sign and date, you may attach a signed written statement from another cognizant authority able to explain the situation. Include the date the support ended. The statement should be from an adult who has direct knowledge of the situation, or a professional from whom the student has sought assistance. Professionals include guidance counselors, doctors, lawyers, family counselors, social workers, law enforcement officers, clergy members, etc.
- Loan Repayment Resources - Although you may select or be assigned a repayment plan when you first begin repaying your student loan, you can change repayment plans at any time. Contact your loan servicer if you would like to discuss repayment plan options or change your repayment plan. You can get information about all of the federal student loans you have received and find the loan servicer for your loans by logging in to https://studentaid.gov.
- Sample of a Loan Disclosure for Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
Use the Repayment Estimator to get an early look at which plans you may be eligible for and see estimates for how much you would pay monthly and overall.