Minimum Technology Requirements
Students are expected to have continuous access to a computer and the internet in order to take full advantage of the instructional delivery opportunities provided by our various programs. As a result of the increasing emphasis on mobility in today's technology marketplace, a notebook computer (laptop) is strongly recommended.
Upon admission to the university, students are issued UHV email accounts. A student's email name and password will allow access to UHV email, the electronic library, various UHV web applications, and online courses. Additionally, all formal university communication is conducted through the UHV email account.
Minimum Recommended Computer & Software Recommendations:
Students must have individual and personal access to a computer with internet connectivity for file management, email, and online course activities. High-speed internet access is strongly recommended if available.
The following hardware and software specifications are recommended:
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 or later or Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) or later
- Memory: 4GB RAM or higher (8GB RAM recommended)
- Storage: 60GB or higher
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted internet access; minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Screen resolution: 1280x1024 or higher
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers (a wearable headset is recommended)
- Other: USB Flash drive for data storage/transfer; 2GB or higher recommended
- Microsoft Office Suite 2019 or higher (Office Home or Student 2019 version acceptable with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest, free version)
- QuickTime Player (latest, free version)
- Windows Media Player (latest, free version)
- Up-to-date anti-virus software (free or paid)
- Up-to-date anti-spyware software (free or paid)
- Compression (ZIP) utility software (free or paid)
- Internet Browsers: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari (for Mac users); Blackboard provides a list of compatible devices, operating systems, and web browsers that users can review for more specific information