Checklist for Undergraduate Students Seeking a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Apply for admission to UH-Victoria online.
- Read the catalog to determine degree requirements.
- Check your UHV email regularly. Once admitted, all email will be sent to the UHV email account.
- Email a Certification Analyst to initiate a degree plan for an EC-6 Core Subject or 4-8 Core Subject Certification . Contact the School of Arts and Sciences Advisors for a Secondary Certification by calling 361-570-4201.
- Apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Request a UHV Background Check form from your assigned Certification Analyst.
- Set up your Texas Education Agency ID account after admission to Teacher Education.
- Check with the TExES Academy Learn9 classroom for information on Texas certification exams.
- PASS ALL State Exams.
- Apply for student teaching during the fall or spring semester prior to your student teaching semester. Deadlines: September 15thfor spring and March 1st for fall.
- Apply for graduation. Information located at Deadlines and Procedures.
- Apply for certification online with the State Board for Educator Certification.
Teacher Education Program
- Teacher Education Application- Must be submitted to Certification Analyst
- Request Background Check from Certification Analyst.
- Complete all lower division classes
- Must have Overall GPA of 2.50
- GPA of 2.50 on all lower division Core English courses.
- Completion of Nelson-Denny Exam with a score of 3 or higher. Register online.
- Make an appointment for personal interview with faculty.
To Remain in Teacher Education Program
- Must have a signed degree plan on file
- Must maintain a 2.50 GPA
- Must earn a “C” or better in all upper level UHV courses
TExES Academy Information
- Must have full approval to Teacher Education Program
- Complete Block 1 Classes
- Automatically enrolled in Learn 9 TExES Academy
- Follow process for approval to take all Certification Tests.
Student Teaching Eligibility
- Student must apply by deadlines (Fall- by March 1st and Spring- by Sept. 15th)
- Must have full approval from Teacher Education Program
- Must have all course work complete with exception of Student Teaching Courses
- Official Degree Plan must be on file
- Background Check must be on file
- Student must have taken and passed both TExES Certification Exams.
- Must maintain GPA of 2.5 in program
- Must have 45 observation hours documented and on file.
For more information, please contact the School of Education, Health Professions & Human Development. You may email or call to set up an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also welcome, when time is available. (When meeting with Certification Analyst for the first time please be sure to have transcripts so a draft degree plan may be created.)
To contact a Certification Analyst
phone (361)570-4371 or toll free (877)970-4848 x4371