Checklist for Undergraduate Students Seeking a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Apply online for admission to UH-Victoria at ApplyTexas.
- Read the UHV Academic Catalog to determine degree requirements.
- Check your UHV email regularly. Once admitted, all email will be sent to the UHV email account.
- Email a Certification Analyst to initiate a degree plan for an EC-6 Core Subject or 4-8 Core Subject Certification. Contact the School of Arts and Sciences Advisors for a Secondary Certification by calling 361-570-4201.
- Apply for admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Request a UHV Background Check form from your assigned Certification Analyst.
- Set up your Texas Education Agency ID account after admission to Teacher Education.
- Check with the TExES Academy Learn9 classroom for information on Texas certification exams.
- PASS ALL State Exams.
- Apply for student teaching during the fall or spring semester prior to your student teaching semester. Deadlines: September 15thfor spring and March 1st for fall.
- Apply for graduation. Information located at Deadlines and Procedures.
- Apply for certification online with the State Board for Educator Certification.
Teacher Education Program
- Teacher Education Application- Must be submitted to Certification Analyst
- Request Background Check from Certification Analyst.
- Complete all lower division classes
- Must have Overall GPA of 2.50
- GPA of 2.50 on all lower division Core English courses.
- Completion of Nelson-Denny Exam with a score of 3 or higher. Register online.
- Make an appointment for personal interview with faculty.
To Remain in Teacher Education Program
- Must have a signed degree plan on file
- Must maintain a 2.50 GPA
- Must earn a “C” or better in all upper level UHV courses
TExES Academy Information
- Must have full approval to Teacher Education Program
- Complete Block 1 Classes
- Automatically enrolled in Learn 9 TExES Academy
- Follow process for approval to take all Certification Tests.
Student Teaching Eligibility
- Student must apply by deadlines (Fall- by March 1st and Spring- by Sept. 15th)
- Must have full approval from Teacher Education Program
- Must have all course work complete with exception of Student Teaching Courses
- Official Degree Plan must be on file
- Background Check must be on file
- Student must have taken and passed both TExES Certification Exams.
- Must maintain GPA of 2.5 in program
- Must have 45 observation hours documented and on file.
For more information, please contact the College of Education and Health Professions. You may email or call to set up an appointment. Walk-in appointments are also welcome, when time is available. (When meeting with Certification Analyst for the first time please be sure to have transcripts so a draft degree plan may be created.)
Email a Certification Analyst or call (361) 570-4371 or toll free (877) 970-4848 x4371