RN to BSN Program Requirements
The RN to BSN online program is for ADN/diploma graduates from an institution accredited by one of the six recognized regional accrediting associations and a recognized national accrediting association. Registered nurse applicants licensed in the US who have completed an international nursing diploma program that is not affiliated to a university may not satisfy the Associate Degree requirement for admission to the University of Houston-Victoria RN to BSN program due to the non-academic nature of this type of coursework; contact an International Student Advisor for further information. International students must have a minimum score of 89 on the TOFEL. Applicants must submit the following credentials to the Office of Admissions and Records:
Requirements for Admission
- Evidence of a valid unencumbered Texas or designated State Registered Nurse license.
- Applicants must have graduated from a regionally accredited associate degree or diploma program.
- Official transcript from all colleges or universities attended, sent directly from each institution to UH-Victoria.
- The applicant must have a minimum Science GPA of a 2.5 and a minimum ADN program GPA of a 2.0, Overall GPA of 2.5, no grade of “D” or “F” unless repeated and the has earned a “C” or higher, no more than two (2) course repeats
- A completed application for undergraduate admission. Application for undergraduate admission (Apply Texas).
Lower division nursing prerequisite courses listed below, which must be completed before enrolling in nursing courses.
- 3 semester hours of Statistics (may take psychology statistics or math statistics)
- 8 semester hours of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- 4 semester hours of Microbiology
- 3 semester hours of Chemistry or Physical Science
- 6 semester hours of Psychology (PSYC 2301 Introduction to Psychology, and PSYC 2314 Human Growth and Development)
- RN to BSN students will be given up to 36 semester hours of advanced placement credit for successful completion of Associate Degree in Nursing and subsequent RN licensure.
In addition, students must satisfy all university requirements for a bachelor’s degree as found in the section UNIVERSITY DEGREE REQUIREMENTS of this catalog in addition to the program requirements below: UHV Catalog
Upper Division: 30 semester hours of Nursing core
[Transition to the BSN Role, Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice, Foundations of Comprehensive Pathophysiology in Nursing, Leadership Roles, Comprehensive Health Assessment, Ethics in Healthcare, Population Focused Community Health, Healthcare Organizations and Informatics, Capstone Project, and Global Health Systems]
These requirements are summarized in the following page: RN to BSN Transfer Guide
Online RN to BSN students are expected to:
- Have access to a computer, webcam, and high-speed internet.
- Have basic computer and word processing competencies.
- Be familiar with the mission of this program and to comply with the expectations of them outlined in this catalog, new student orientation, and student handbook.
- Maintain high standards of academic honesty and ethical behavior as outlined in course syllabi and student handbook.
- Ensure that degree plan requirements are understood and contact advisor promptly to resolve any questions regarding enrollment.
- Comply with registration deadlines, financial aid deadlines, and tuition and fees deadlines.
- Ensure contact information such as address and e-mail address is kept current in their MyUHV self-service account.
- Apply for graduation by the published deadline for the semester in which student will complete degree requirements.