The mission of the Nursing Program is to provide nurses innovative and responsive programs to advance their career as valued graduates and nurse leaders. The Nursing Program is committed to serving the educational needs and enhancing the quality of life while enriching the economic, cultural life, and health of the communities served.
UHV Nursing Program:
- Provide student-centered innovative education programs
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships
- Advance the nursing profession through scholarship and professional involvement
- Serve as a foundation for graduate study
Graduates of the RN to BSN Program Expected Student Outcomes (ESO) will:
- Synthesize knowledge from the biological, social, and behavioral sciences, the humanities, and nursing to provide appropriate, culturally sensitive care to individuals, families, and communities.
- Demonstrate inquiry and analysis in applying patient care technologies and information systems to support safe nursing practice and population risk reduction.
- Lead safety and quality improvement activities as part of the interprofessional team and as an advocate and manager of nursing care.
- Manage care transitions and promote population risk reduction with diverse communities in collaboration with members of the interprofessional health care team.
- Participate in monitoring institutional, professional and public policy to maintain adherence to standards of practice within legal, ethical, and regulatory frameworks of the professional nurse.
- Demonstrate leadership skills related to clinical and professional issues, financial, and human resource in providing and evaluating care.
- Demonstrate leadership and advocacy that reflects the values and ethics of the nursing profession.
Public Notice of CCNE Accreditation Visit
Invitation for Third-Party Comments
October 21, 2022
The Baccalaureate Nursing Program (RN-BSN) at the University of Houston-Victoria will be hosting a reaccreditation site visit by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) October 19-21, 2022. CCNE policy requires that institutions provide an opportunity for the program’s identified communities of interest, including students, faculty, and the practice community (including current and potential employers) to provide written input into the deliberations of the evaluation team. Written and signed third-party comments will be accepted by CCNE until October 19-21, 2022. All comments should be directed to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Attn: Third-Party Comments
655 K St., NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
- or -
Please note that CCNE shares third-party comments only with members of the evaluation team. The evaluation team only considers third-party comments that relate to the program’s compliance with the reaccreditation standards. At no time during the review process are these comments shared with the program. However, all compliance concerns related to the reaccreditation standards will be identified in the accreditation report, and the program will have an opportunity to respond to those concerns as part of its response to that report.
Thank you for assisting in the reaccreditation process for the University of Houston-Victoria Baccalaureate (RN to BSN) Nursing program.