You’re ready to launch your future, and everyone at the School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development is ready to help you. Whether you’re taking the next step after high school, transferring from a community college, or seeking a second degree, we have a degree plan for you and the resources and expertise to guide you every step of the way.
Let’s get started!
Degree Plans & Courses
Find everything you need to know about the 20+ degrees and certifications we offer and the courses you can expect to take throughout your UHV education, including face-to-face, online, and blended program-delivery options.
Bachelor of Science in Health Studies - Are you interested in helping people live longer and healthier lives? Are you interested in making a positive impact on the people who live around you? If so, then a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Studies may be of great interest to you.
- Exercise Sports Science specialization- Prepare for careers including fitness trainer, exercise technologist, and strength and conditioning coach, or future graduate studies in exercise sports science.
- Pre-Allied Health specialization- Prepare to attend physical or occupational therapy school.
- Sports Management specialization - Prepare for jobs in include facility management, marketing and promotion, and sales.
- K-12 teaching certificate focus- Empower children through physical education to lead active and healthy lives.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (FastTrak) - We offer an innovative RN to BSN online program for registered nurses (RN) who graduated from a diploma or associate degree of nursing program.
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (BSIS) - Early Childhood - Grade 6 Core Subjects Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (BSIS) - Grades 4-8 Core Subjects Certification
Upon completing either the EC-6 Core Subjects or the 4-8 Core Subjects and taking the required additional courses, a student may also achieve one of the following teacher certifications from the State of Texas:
- Special Education Certificate (All level – EC-12)
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- Secondary (Grades 7-12) Content Area in conjunction with School or Arts & Sciences and School of Business
- Already have a Bachelor's degree? Take advantage of our accelerated Victoria Online Initial Certification for Educators (VOICE) program or Post-Baccalaureate.
Have questions about transfer plans, teacher-education preparation, or funding your education? We have the answers to all that and more.
2+2 Transfer Plans, answers to all your questions about transferring from a community college and continuing your education.
Educator Preparation Office, your definitive source for all things teacher education.
Office of Financial Aid, where you’ll find information about the FAFSA, scholarships and grants, and important deadlines.
Learn about the School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development’s application process, from admission requirements to deadlines to certification-testing dates.