Elementary Education (EC-8) with Teacher Certification Degree Plan
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Education (EC-8) Concentration with Teacher Certification
Prior admittance into this program is required. For specifics, see Teacher Certification | Accelerated
Core: 12 semester hours*
- CUIN 6312 Human Development & Learning
- CUIN 6314 Classroom Practices, Processes & Procedures
- CUIN 6320 Models of Teaching
- FEDU 6323 Cultural & Social Foundations of American Education
Major Concentration: 18 semester hours (recommended)
- ESLN 6312 Principles of Second Language Learning
- SPED 6321 Introduction to Special Education
- LITY 6334 Foundations of Developmental Reading
- CUIN 6336 Advanced Science Methods for Teachers
- CUIN 6350 Teaching Social Studies & History
- CUIN 6352 Progressive Math Methods
Student Teaching Practicum or Internship: 6 semester hours**
- CUIN 6316 Application of Educational Roles I (Internship)
- CUIN 6317 Application of Educational Roles II (Internship)
- CUIN 6318 Practicum Seminar
- CUIN 6319 Practicum in Teaching (prereq CUIN 6318)
*These masters courses are currently offered at $3750 for tuition and fees. Course materials extra.
**The two additional courses for either option do not count towards master’s degree requirements.
Total: 30 semester hours
- Take Masters Comprehensive Exam.
- Certification requirements must be completed before taking the master comprehensive exam.
Official degree plan will need to be completed with your Faculty Advisor and Educator Preparation Office (EPO) staff. All required signatures must be recorded before it is official.
Students are required to take comprehensive exams the semester before they intend to graduate or the semester they intend to graduate. Students may have to make arrangements to come to a testing site in Victoria or Katy to complete this requirement (depending on degree).
For more information about the program, or questions contact us:
University West Suite 213
Phone: (361) 570-4371 or toll free (877) 970-4848 x4371
Fax: (361) 580-5580