English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Concentration
Curriculum and Instruction, English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Concentration (ESL/TESOL)
Open doors of opportunity by teaching English to speakers of other languages with a M.Ed. with an ESL/TESOL concentration. This degree will help you develop a solid academic foundation in second language theory and pedagogy in teaching English or any language as a second language in cross-cultural situations.
What can I do with a degree in ESL/TESOL?
- ESL instructor
- Curriculum developer
- Instructional specialist
- Program coordinator in K-12 schools, school districts or regional service centers
- Adult basic education program teacher
- Intensive English language program instructor in government/military schools, private international language schools, community-based language programs for immigrants and refugees
- Corporate trainer
- Instructor in community colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad
Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction, English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESL/TESOL)
You will be prepared not to only teach a second language effectively, but also train teachers and administer programs in this field. 30 hours.
Before you get started, you’ll need
- A bachelor’s degree
- The prerequisites required by the education college’s admissions policy
- Access to a computer and high-speed Internet as well as basic computer and word-processing skills
The estimated cost of attending the University of Houston–Victoria varies with enrollment status and personal lifestyle. Browse our Tuition and Fees page to get an idea of how much it will cost to attend UHV.
To apply for FAFSA and similar external scholarships, visit Financial Aid.