Emphasis on the Superintendency Degree Plan
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on the Superintendency
Core: 12 semester hours
- ELAS 6310 Theoretical Foundations and Functions of Administration
- ELAS 6312 Developing and Sustaining Human Capital
- ELAS 6317 Diversity and Inclusion in 21st Century Schools
- ELAS 6331 Law and Ethical Practice
Concentration: 18 semester hours:
- ELAS 6316 Instructional Leadership
- ELAS 6343 Public Affairs and Community Relations
- ELAS 6341 Personnel Management
- ELAS 6345 Educational Facilities, Services and Environment
- ELAS 6342 Educational Policy and Finance
- ELAS 6309 Internship for the School Superintendency (160 hours)
Total: 30 semester hours
Note: This degree is designed for you, if you want to be a Superintendent but do not already have an master’s degree. You may be coming via alternative certification as a teacher, have advanced into principalship and now want to earn your superintendency certification as well as an education-related master’s degree, or you may be rising to superintendent certification via the new TEA-approved alternative certification route via the administrative (fiscal/physical/legal) management of a district.
An official degree plan will need to be completed with your Faculty Advisor and Educator Preparation Office (EPO) staff. All required signatures must be recorded before it is official.
Tuition & Funding
A good education shouldn’t saddle you with insurmountable debt. That’s why, at UHV, affordability and quality go hand in hand. From scholarships to grants, we offer an array of options to help you afford your UHV graduate education.
The estimated cost of attending the University of Houston–Victoria varies with enrollment status and personal lifestyle. Browse our Cost of Attendance page to get an idea of how much it will cost to attend UHV.