Emphasis on the Superintendency Degree Plan
Master Education in Administration & Supervision with an Emphasis on the Superintendency
Core: 12 semester hours
- ELAS 6310 Theoretical Foundations and Functions of Educational Administration
- ELAS 6313 Ethics in School Leadership
- ELAS 6316 Instructional Leadership
- ELAS 6331 Educational Law
Concentration: 18 semester hours:
- ELAS 6332 Special Education Law
- ELAS 6343 Public Affairs and Community Relations
- ELAS 6341 Personnel Management
- ELAS 6345 Educational Facilities, Services and Environment
- ELAS 6342 Educational Policy and Finance
- ELAS 6309 Internship for the School Superintendency (160 hours)
Total: 30 semester hours
Note: This degree is optimally designed for those wishing Superintendency who do not already possess an M.Ed. degree. These might include those who have come via alternative certification, advanced into principalship, and now wish to earn their superintendency certification as well as an education-related masters degree, or those who will rise to superintendent certification via the new TEA-approved alternative certification route via the administrative (fiscal/physical/legal) management of a district.
Official degree plan will need to be completed with your Faculty Advisor and Educator Preparation Office (EPO) staff. All required signatures must be recorded before it is official.
Tuition & Funding
A good education shouldn’t saddle you with insurmountable debt. That’s why, at UHV, affordability and quality go hand in hand. From scholarships to grants, we offer an array of options to help you afford your UHV graduate education.
The estimated cost of attending the University of Houston–Victoria varies with enrollment status and personal lifestyle. Browse our Cost of Attendance page to get an idea of how much it will cost to attend UHV.