Emphasis on the Principalship Degree Plan
Master of Education in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on the Principalship
Education Leadership Courses - 30 semester hours
Core - 12 semester hours
- ELAS 6310 Theoretical Foundations and Functions of Educational Administration
- ELAS 6312 Developing and Sustaining Human Capital
- ELAS 6317 Diversity and Inclusion in 21st Century Schools
- ELAS 6331 Law and Ethical Practice
Concentration - 18 semester hours
- ELAS 6314 Building and Sustaining School/Community Relationships
- ELAS 6315 Principles of Instructional Supervision
- ELAS 6316 Instructional Leadership
- ELAS 6335 School Evaluation
- ELAS 6336 School Business Management
- ELAS 6104 Internship in Educational Leadership (50 hours) (Prerequisite course for ELAS 6205)
- ELAS 6205 Practicum in Educational Leadership (110 hours)
Master Comprehensive Exam to be taken within completion of 6 semester hours of program
Additional Requirements for Principal Certificate:
- Texas Teaching Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Two years of creditable teaching experience - Must provide Teacher Service Work Record
- TExES #068 Exam
Official degree plan will need to be completed with your Faculty Advisor and Educator Preparation Office (EPO) staff. All required signatures must be recorded before it is official.
Participants who have started the program will be provided degree plans which take into account coursework successfully completed prior to the Fall 2019 semester. Please contact your certification officer for further information and assistance.
Tuition & Funding
A good education shouldn’t saddle you with insurmountable debt. That’s why, at UHV, affordability and quality go hand in hand. From scholarships to grants, we offer an array of options to help you afford your UHV graduate education.
The estimated cost of attending the University of Houston–Victoria varies with enrollment status and personal lifestyle. Browse our Cost of Attendance page to get an idea of how much it will cost to attend UHV.