M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on the Principalship
You want to advance your career by making the move up to administration, whether as a principal, assistant principal, head coach, or central office member. But to do that, you need your master's degree and your principal certificate.
We've got your solution: The M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on the Principalship program will allow you to earn your master's degree, and will prepare you to take the TExES #268 Principal Certification Exam and the TExES #368 (PASL) Assessment in as little as twelve months. You can start at the beginning of any semester, and the program is offered in face-to-face, fully online, and hybrid formats.
Whether you want to follow a traditional route of taking one or two courses each semester, or prefer the fast action of our one-year partnership Fast Track program, UHV is the place to be.
So what are you waiting for?
Before you get started, you’ll need
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited program
- The prerequisites required by the admissions policy of UHV’s School of Education, Health Professions, and Human Development
- Access to a computer, webcam, and high-speed Internet as well as basic computer and word-processing skills
Degrees You Can Earn
M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on the Principalship: Your coursework will prepare you to take the TExES #268 Principal Certification Exam and the TExES #368 (PASL) Assessment.
See a breakdown of the degree plan.
Principal Certification Requirements
You will need to meet the following requirements and prerequisites in order to earn the Texas Principal as Instructional Leader [PK-12] certificate:
- Hold a valid Texas teacher certificate.
- Have a minimum of two years of teaching experience at an accredited school.
- Provide evidence that you have completed a master’s degree from an accredited institution. Your completed M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on the Principalship degree from UHV will fulfill this requirement.
- Complete an approved administrative practicum experience.
- Complete all of the required coursework designed to help you develop administrative competencies and comply with Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) of the National Policy Board for Educational Administration (NPBEA) and Texas Principal Standards (Texas Education Code §241.15 and §149.2001).
- Criminal Background Check
- Pass the TExES #268 Principal Certification Exam and the #368 (PASL) Assessment.
If you already have a master’s degree, consider the Principal CertificationPreparation Only program. Or if you’d like to explore more leadership options, explore other degrees and certifications available within the M.Ed. education administration program.
Where Can This Degree Take You?
Well, where would you like to go? School principals and other educational leaders are in demand throughout the state of Texas in public and private schools.
There’s a lot ahead of you. You can go anywhere and do anything—follow a path or forge a brand new one. It’s all up to you, and we’re here to help prepare you for whatever journey lies ahead.
Visit UHV’s Career Development Center to search for internships, apply for jobs, or get help putting together your resume.
Tuition & Funding
A good education shouldn’t saddle you with insurmountable debt. That’s why, at UHV, affordability and quality go hand in hand. From scholarships to grants, we offer an array of options to help you afford your UHV graduate education.
The estimated cost of attending the University of Houston–Victoria varies with enrollment status and personal lifestyle. Browse our Cost of Attendance page to get an idea of how much it will cost to attend UHV.
To apply for FAFSA and similar external scholarships, visit the Office of Financial Aid .
Sound like your direction? Request more information or begin your application.