Victoria Online Initial Certification for Educators (VOICE) Program
For those with a bachelor’s degree, VOICE program is an accredited, completely online, accelerated course route to teacher certification for all grades with options to complete students teaching practicum or paid year-long teaching internship. Certification areas include: English, History, Math, Science, Spanish or Physical Education.
What can you do with this teacher certification?
- Teacher in grades early childhood through grade 6 or grades 4 – 8, or secondary content in public schools in Texas
- Teacher in private schools in Texas that require the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) for the grades and subjects you will teach
- Teacher in international schools with American teacher certification
- Teacher in after-school programs and youth organizations
- Teacher in juvenile detention facilities or prisons
Early childhood (EC) through grade six, Core Subjects
Grade four through grade eight, Core Subjects
Grade seven through grade 12 (Math, Science, History, English)
EC–12 (Physical Education, Spanish)
Other degree options
M.Ed. in Curriculum and instruction
Along with Texas teacher certification, you can apply up to 12 hours of VOICE courses which are graduate-level toward a 30-hour M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction at UHV.
Consider going the whole route and earn your master’s degree as you get certified to teach. We now have three new master’s degrees with teacher certification.
Choose your path to certification by:
- Completing the one year residency option;
- Completing the one year paid internship option as “teacher of record”
Pay as you go as costs are incurred for tuition each semester and earn certification for $3750 in tuition and fees (Books and supplies not included). You are not financially or academically obligated beyond the semester you register for the VOICE program. Qualifying students are eligible for the Troops to Teachers program or the Spouses to Teachers program.