Objectives of the Student Teaching Experience
Upon completion of the student teaching program, the student teacher should be able to:
- develop high levels of teaching competence through guided teaching experience.
- design instruction and assessment to promote student learning.
- create and implement effective lesson plans to meet the individual needs of diverse learners.
- develop competence in creating and using instructional materials and techniques.
- utilize technology for instruction and communication.
- create an effective classroom management plan.
- create a positive, productive classroom environment.
- engage in self-evaluation and professional goal setting.
- establish professional relationships with fellow teachers, students, administrators, and parents.
- fulfill professional roles and responsibilities.