As a student at the University of Houston-Victoria, your role is to actively participate in your academic and personal learning. Students with disabilities are one of the many groups that make up our diverse campus community.
We hope that the information on our website will help you through the process of registering with our office for services. A number of resources have been included to provide information and assist you.
We will be here for you from your first day on campus through to graduation. We hope that Disability Services will play a memorable role in your experience at UHV.
Ready to Assist You
The Office of Disability Services is ready to assist you in the transition to university life as you develop independence and self-advocacy, as well as create your network of resources.
We will work with students with disabilities to ensure that you receive reasonable accommodations and services that will allow you to fully participate in the academic environment.
Office of Civil Rights
- Auxiliary Aids and Services for Postsecondary Students with Disabilities: Higher Education’s Obligations Under 504 and Title II of the ADA
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Dear Parent Letter – Office of the Assistant Secretary – March 16, 2007
Colorado State University ACCESS to Postsecondary Education
- ACCESS to Postsecondary Education – Colorado State University
- Student Self-Advocacy – Handbook for College Students with Disabilities