University of Houston-Victoria

Department with Video

Waivers and Third Party Contracts

An exemption or a waiver is a 3rd party payment of all or part of a student's tuition and fee bill (i.e. not through normal financial aid programs or scholarships). Waivers are considered a financial resource and go towards the cost of attendance. 

Students that are qualified to receive a waiver or exemption should submit all necessary paperwork to the Student Billing, University West Building Room 114, e-mail it to, or fax it to 361-580-5522.

For a complete listing of all the waivers and exemptions available to students and for additional information on the waivers and tuition programs, consult the Student Billing Office and College for All Texans.

Third Party Contracts:

Agencies outside the University may set up third-party billing arrangements that pay for all or part of a student's tuition and fees. The student will be billed for any amount not covered by the third party. Information can be found with Student Billing.

An example is aid to students who have certain physical or emotional handicaps is offered by the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS). To be eligible for DARS services, the student must have a physical or mental disability which constitutes or results in a substantial handicap to employment.

There must be a reasonable expectation that the vocational rehabilitation services will benefit the individual terms of employment.  DARS clients are entitled to diagnostic evaluation, counseling and guidance, career planning, job development, placement and follow-up.  Go to your local Texas Rehabilitation Commission to see what services they can provide for you.


Educational Aide Exemption (Section 54.363 Texas Education Code)

To encourage certain Educational Aides to complete full teacher certification by providing need-based exemptions form the payment of tuition and certain mandatory fees at Texas public institutions of higher education.  Visit the College for all Texans website for eligibility requirements and applications.