UHV Presidential Scholarship
The UHV Presidential Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes and promotes academic excellence. Up to ten $3,000 scholarships will be awarded each year to entering freshmen. The scholarships will be renewable for 4 years (8 consecutive terms) provided that the student meets the criteria for the scholarship.
1. Graduating in the top 15% of the high school graduating class (may not apply to homeschooled students)
2. Submit a 750-1000 word electronic (typed) essay explaining how you plan to use your education to make a contribution to society. Include your Full Name and UHV ID Number.
3. Be accepted to the University of Houston-Victoria.
4. Complete and submit either a UHV Scholarship ApplicationForms or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
1. Maintain at least 12 new credit hours at UHV with at least a 3.0 GPA each term (fall and spring terms)
2. Send a Thank You Letter to the UHV President by December 1st each year. Provide a copy of the letter to the Office of Financial Aid.
3. Be a student in good standing (no Code of Conduct violations, no financial holds, etc.)