Return to Campus
- Completion of the COVID-19 mandatory training
- Passing a self-health screening test
- Supervisor approval
Phase 3 began August 11, 2020, when up to 30 percent of employees could return to the Victoria campus and UHV Katy. UHV went to Phase 2 starting December 14, 2020, as coronavirus cases were spiking. Fewer COVID-19 cases and higher vaccination rates caused the university to return to Phase 3 on March 30, 2021. Classes during the 2020-2021 school year were delivered to students through hybrid (online/hybrid – traditional), real-time online (online – virtual) and traditional online modes to provide flexibility and safety for the campus community while still delivering a quality educational experience.
Initial Return to Campus as Part of Phased Reopening
Employees should not return to campus until:
- Human Resources or their supervisor informs them that they are expected to return to campus for work as part of the university’s phased reopening.
- They have completed the “Your Safe Return to Work in the Phased Reopening of Campus” online training.
- They have reviewed and acknowledged the “Protocol and Certification for Employees Working on Campus.”
Even if the above have been met, employees may not return to campus if they:
- Have a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19;
- Are currently exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 (except for symptoms related to a pre-existing medical condition); or
- Have had close contact (less than 6 feet) with anyone with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the past 14 days.
Before Coming to Campus Each Day
Every day before coming to UHV or UHV Katy, employees and students should:
- Take their temperature
- Conduct a self-assessment of their health/infection exposure
- Assess whether they are exhibiting any coronavirus symptoms
Employees and students who are present on campus each day agree that they have completed a daily assessment of their health/exposure and that they:
- Are NOT exhibiting any coronavirus symptoms (except for symptoms related to a pre-existing medical condition or a medical diagnosis unrelated to COVID-19)
- Have NOT tested positive for COVID-19
- Have NOT knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or suspected/presumed COVID-19
Those who exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 should not come to campus. They should follow the Employee Diagnosis/Symptoms Protocols or the Student Diagnosis/Symptoms Protocols. This does not apply to the presence of symptoms from a pre-existing medical condition or a medical diagnosis unrelated to COVID-19.
Those who have tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19 should not come to campus. They should follow the Employee Diagnosis/Symptoms Protocols or the Student Diagnosis/Symptoms Protocols. They also should complete the Diagnosis or Symptoms Reporting form. They will be required to self-quarantine/isolate and may not return to campus until they meet the requirements set out in Completion of Self-Quarantine/Isolation.
Those who have knowingly been exposed to someone who has or is suspected/presumed to have COVID-19 should not come to campus. Employees should notify their supervisor about the potential exposure, and all faculty, staff and students must complete the Potential Exposure Reporting form. Employees and students may be advised to self-quarantine/isolate, and they may not return to campus until they meet the requirements set out in Completion of Self-Quarantine/Isolation.
What to Expect on Campus
- Face coverings are required in all indoor public areas on campus unless an exception has been granted.
- You are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- UHV has established physical distancing reminders, enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures, and placed hand sanitizer at key places on campus.
- UHV updates positive cases of COVID-19 among members of our UHV community by posting these numbers each week on the Positive Case Reporting page.
- UHV contact tracers have and will continue to promptly notify anyone in the campus community identified, per CDC guidelines, as being in close contact to any individual on campus known to have tested positive.
International Students & Travelers
Faculty, staff and students returning from international travel, university-sanctioned or personal, are required to follow the Return from International Travel guidelines upon return to the U.S. These requirements include international students who are traveling to the U.S. for spring classes. The latest information can be found under Travel Guidelines, and additional guidance for international students is available from UHV International Programs at email@example.com.