Return to Campus
On June 15, 2020, UHV launched a five-phase reopening of the Victoria campus and UHV Katy. Phase 2 started that same day when up to 15 percent of staff returned to campus following completion of COVID-19 mandatory training, passage of a self-health screening test and supervisor approval.
UHV is now in Phase 4 of the plan. Classes currently are being offered several different ways: face to face with a real-time online (online – virtual) option, hybrid (online/hybrid – traditional) and traditional online (online asynchronous).
UHV will move to “normal” operations starting Monday, August 2. “Normal” operations, or Phase 5, means that UHV and UHV Katy will be fully operational with faculty and staff on campus, classes fully occupied and campus events taking place without restrictions. This means that UHV will be offering regular face-to-face classes in addition to the hybrid and fully online classes that the university offered before the pandemic. The university’s residence halls also will be occupied at regular capacity.
Fall classes will begin Aug. 23 with students arriving Aug. 19. UHV continues to monitor CDC guidelines, state mandates and community conditions to ensure everyone’s safety. The university’s goal is to return to campus in the safest manner possible.
What to Expect on Campus
- Face coverings are encouraged on campus, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated, but they are not required.
- You are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- UHV has established physical distancing reminders, and enhanced cleaning and sanitization fixtures and procedures.
- Free COVID-19 testing is available for UHV faculty, staff and students at Your Health Lab located in Citizens Medical Center, Building C (2710 Hospital Drive, Suite 106). Read for more details. UHV students in Victoria also can contact Community Health Center of South Central Texas for COVID-19 diagnosis, treatment and/or testing, as necessary.
- UHV regularly updates positive cases of COVID-19 among members of the UHV community by posting these numbers on the Positive Case Reporting page.
- UHV contact tracers are continuing to promptly notify anyone in the campus community identified, per CDC guidelines, as being in close contact to any individual on campus known to have tested positive.
International Students & Travelers
Faculty, staff and students returning from international travel, university-sanctioned or personal, are required to follow the Return from International Travel guidelines upon return to the U.S. Additional guidance for international students is available from UHV International Programs at email@example.com.