Visitor Protocols During UHV Phased Reopening
As we continue to reopen the University of Houston-Victoria and ramp up to full on-campus operation, we need the cooperation of visitors to campus to keep our campus community healthy and safe. Prevention and early detection of illness can prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the university community.
At this time, visitors are not encouraged to come to our campus. If you do come to campus, we require that you follow the same prevention protocols that we have implemented for our students and employees. The prevention protocols are set out below:
Visitors must assess their health prior to coming to campus by doing the following:
- Take your temperature on the day that you come to campus prior to arrival.
- Conduct a self-assessment of your health/infection exposure on the day of any visit to campus and ask yourself, “Am I exhibiting any new symptoms related to COVID-19 that are not due to a pre-existing medical condition or a diagnosis of a medical condition unrelated to COVID-19?” Symptoms include:
- Fever (temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have a fever or any of the above new symptoms and those symptoms are not related to a pre-existing medical condition or a diagnosis other than COVID-19, you may NOT come to the University of Houston-Victoria campus or any UHV facility.
Visitors must conduct an exposure assessment prior to coming to campus by doing the following:
- Within the past 14 days, have you had “close contact” with a person who is lab confirmed or diagnosed with COVID-19, and with respect to that person:
- You were within 6 feet for a “prolonged period of time” (currently considered to be at least 15 minutes)?
- You provided them care at home?
- You had direct physical contact (touched, hugged or kissed them)?
- You shared eating or drinking utensils?
- They sneezed, coughed or somehow got respiratory droplets on you?
- Within the past 14 days, have you returned from international travel?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “yes,” you may NOT come to the University of Houston-Victoria campus or any UHV facility.
Visitors are required to wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth in indoor public areas, except where marked, even if you are alone, and in outdoor spaces where six feet or more of physical distancing is difficult to reliably maintain. Physical distancing of six feet should be maintained when possible. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing and regular handwashing.
Good hand hygiene, including frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing, should be followed by visitors before and during visits to the University of Houston-Victoria campus.
Reporting Positive COVID-19 Cases
If you test positive or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of being in a university building, please immediately notify your university sponsor or event coordinator, or if uncertain, the UHV COVID-19 Operations Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these important health and safety protocols