As we continue to reopen the University of Houston-Victoria and ramp up to full on-campus operation, we need your cooperation to keep our campus community healthy and safe. Prevention and early detection of illness can prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the university community.
When you come to campus to provide services/products, we require that you and your employees follow the same prevention protocols that we have implemented for our students and employees. In addition, you and your employees are required to provide services to UHV in accordance with CDC guidelines and your vendor protocols. The UHV prevention protocols are set out below:
Vendors must assess their health prior to coming to campus by doing the following:
- Take your temperature each day that you come to campus prior to arrival.
- Conduct a self-assessment of your health/infection exposure on the day of any visit to campus and ask yourself, “Am I exhibiting any new symptoms related to COVID-19 that are not due to a pre-existing medical condition or a diagnosis of a medical condition unrelated to COVID-19?” Symptoms include:
- Fever (temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you have a fever or any of the above new symptoms and those symptoms are not related to a pre-existing medical condition or a diagnosis other than COVID-19, you may NOT come to the University of Houston-Victoria campus or any UHV facility.
Vendors must conduct an exposure assessment prior to coming to campus by doing the following:
- Within the past 14 days, have you had “close contact” with a person who is lab confirmed or diagnosed with COVID-19, and with respect to that person:
- You were within 6 feet for a “prolonged period of time” (currently considered to be at least 15 minutes)?
- You provided them care at home?
- You had direct physical contact (touched, hugged or kissed them)?
- You shared eating or drinking utensils?
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you?
- Within the past 14 days, have you returned from international travel?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “yes,” you may NOT come to the University of Houston-Victoria campus or any UHV facility.
Additionally, if you test positive or are diagnosed with, COVID-19, you may NOT come to the University of Houston-Victoria campus or any UHV facility until you have completed the appropriate isolation period per CDC guidelines.
Vendors are required to wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth in indoor public areas, except where marked, even if you are alone and in outdoor spaces where six feet or more of physical distancing is difficult to reliably maintain. Physical distancing of six feet should be maintained when possible. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing and regular handwashing.
Good hand hygiene, including frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing, should be followed by vendors before and during visits to the University of Houston-Victoria campus.
Reporting Positive COVID-19 Cases
If you or any of your employees test positive or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of being in a university building, the vendor must immediately notify their University of Houston-Victoria contact, who will notify the UHV COVID-19 Response Coordinator. If additional questions arise, the vendor may contact the UHV COVID-19 Operations Center at email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation in following these important health and safety protocols.