UHV employee travel in Phase 3 is restricted at the discretion of the university’s vice presidents.
Return from International Travel
The following CDC guidelines are applicable to faculty, staff and students returning from international travel, whether university-sanctioned or personal:
If You Are Fully Vaccinated:
You are not required to quarantine upon returning from international travel; however, you should:
- Get tested with a viral test three to five days after travel.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.
If You Are Not Fully Vaccinated:
Upon returning from international travel, you must either:
- Self-quarantine for 10 days OR
- Get tested three to five days after travel AND stay home for seven days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full seven days.
- If your test is positive, stay home and follow the COVID-19 diagnosis protocols.
Regardless of whether you get tested or not, you should avoid being around high-risk individuals for 14 days upon returning from international travel.
These requirements for self-quarantine include international students traveling to the U.S. for summer classes. Upon arriving in the U.S., please submit the Potential COVID-19 Exposure Reporting Form. (Note that no forms are required to be completed in advance of your travel, and no forms are required if you have been fully vaccinated.)
Before returning to campus following international travel if you have not been fully vaccinated, you must complete the Request to Return to Campus form and receive written approval.