UHV requests that all faculty, staff and students who have not been vaccinated get tested once a week. Even if you have been vaccinated, it is wise to get tested if you have any concerns or COVID-19 symptoms.
COVID-19 testing options are available at multiple locations near UHV and UHV Katy. In addition, you can read about testing and other testing locations in Texas.
Your Health Lab located in Citizens Medical Center, Building C (2710 Hospital Drive, Suite 106), in Victoria offers free testing from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. For expedited service, call ahead at (361) 649-8770 or (361) 541-5098.
- No physician referrals or appointments are required.
- You will need your UHV student or employee ID badge and a photo ID to be tested.
- If you have health insurance, please bring your insurance card. No copay or out-of-pocket expenses will be charged.
- Free COVID-19 testing will be offered even if you do not have health insurance.
- The molecular tests will be conducted using a nasal swab to determine if patients have an active coronavirus infection. Molecular testing is more accurate than rapid testing, but results still are available within 24 hours.
UHV students in Victoria also can contact Community Health Centers of South Central Texas for COVID-19 diagnosis, treatment and/or testing, as necessary.
If you test positive for COVID-19, please report your positive test in accordance with the Employee/Supervisor Diagnosis/Symptoms Protocols or the Student Diagnosis/Symptoms Protocols. The Diagnosis Reporting Form goes directly to the COVID-19 coordinator to ensure confidentiality and quick response, including cleaning and contact tracing, when necessary.