UHV Katy Vaccination Clinic Email from UHV Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs Chance Glenn
Dear UHV Katy Faculty, Staff and Students,
With COVID-19 continuing to spread, it is important not to forget to get your flu shot. Flu season is right around the corner, and now is the time to protect yourself. Influenza vaccines are available to you during a clinic from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 25, in Room 106A of the Katy Academic Building. This year, COVID-19 vaccines will be offered at no cost, and shingles vaccinations (for employees 50 or older) also will be available.
H-E-B pharmacists will be offering the flu shot to faculty and staff (with BCBSTX HealthSelect) and to students (with the school’s insurance) at no cost. Faculty, staff and students without the previously mentioned insurance are subject to a fee for the flu and shingles vaccines.
Additionally, the clinic will provide no-cost Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations to any UHV faculty, staff or student yet to receive one. See below for more information. Individual appointments will be necessary and are not transferrable from one person to another.
To attend the vaccination clinic, you must:
- Review and adhere to UHV’s guidelines for COVID-19.
- Agree that you will only participate if you DO NOT have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Engage in a pre-vaccination screening upon arrival.
- Consent to having your temperature taken.
- Strive to minimize contact with others through social distancing, and masks are strongly encouraged.
To receive your vaccinations, you will need to:
- Schedule your appointment early. Appointments will be closed two days prior to each clinic, and no walk-ins will be allowed.
- Make your appointment online for a time that works for you you by clicking the registration link below.
- Complete the vaccination consent form in its entirety, IN ADVANCE, print a hard copy and BRING IT WITH YOU. [English Version | Spanish Version]
- Have the proper insurance card with you. UHV employees are asked to bring both their pharmacy insurance card (Optum RX) and medical insurance card (BCBSTX or other insurance). Employees 65 years or older with Medicare Part B need to bring their red, white and blue card to the clinic. Students who have the school’s BCBSTX insurance should bring their student medical-pharmacy insurance card. Students on their parent’s insurance will need to bring both their pharmacy and medical insurance cards. If you are uninsured, you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at no charge.
- Wear a sleeveless shirt/have your sleeves rolled up for efficient administration of the shot/s.
Vaccine Clinic Schedule
Click the registration link below to make an appointment to receive your vaccination/s.
Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021
UH at KATY
4 to 6 p.m.
Katy Academic Building, Rm 106A
Not on the BCBSTX Medical plan? If you do not have BCBSTX insurance, it is recommended that you check with your insurance provider first. Some insurance companies require members to go only to their medical providers or pre-selected, approved sites.
Paying out of pocket? Flu shots will be available for $40. (The discounted rate for students will be $25.) Payment can be made via Zelle, Venmo, check with driver’s license or exact cash during the clinic.
Unable to attend one of the clinics? Faculty and staff can go to most pharmacies and receive the flu vaccine at no cost with the BCBSTX Health Select insurance plan. (Ask first to verify that coverage is provided at 100 percent, or call HealthSelect of Texas toll free at 855-828-9834 for help in locating an in-network pharmacy.) COVID-19 vaccinations are widely available through pharmacies and medical providers. UHV will be holding a COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Victoria campus the week of Sept. 6 and will provide detailed information soon.
NOTE: To receive your second shot in the two-shot series for COVID-19 and shingles, individuals may visit an HEB Pharmacy or their medical provider. (Those receiving the COVID-19 shot will be provided their CDC vaccination card to take with them.)
This year protect yourself and others. Please take time to GET YOUR FLU SHOT and other vaccinations at this clinic, or at a local pharmacy or medical provider.
Dr. Chance M. Glenn, Sr.