COVID-19 Testing Update from UHV President Bob Glenn
Dear UHV Faculty, Staff and Students,
Testing times have changed for the drive-thru and walk-up COVID-19 testing provided at no cost to UHV employees or students through a partnership with UHV, Your Health Lab and Victoria College. Testing is now offered at VC from 9 to 11 a.m. on Mondays and currently is available only to UHV employees and students. Here are some more details:
- No physician referrals or appointments are required.
- To be tested, you will need your UHV student or employee ID badge and a photo ID.
- If you have health insurance, please bring your insurance card. No copay or out-of-pocket expenses will be charged.
- Free COVID-19 testing will be offered even if you do not have health insurance.
- The molecular tests will be conducted using a nasal swab to determine if patients have an active coronavirus infection. Molecular testing is more accurate than rapid testing, but results still are available within 24 hours.
- To be tested, simply drive or walk up to the testing area behind the Victoria College Fine Arts Building during testing times. Be sure to wear a facial covering when you arrive.
If you need to get tested at a different time than the on-campus testing times, you can still get free testing at Your Health Lab located at Citizens Medical Center, Building C (2710 Hospital Drive, Suite 106). The same process and criteria will apply. If you plan to go to Your Health Lab for testing, be sure to call ahead to (361) 649-8770 or (361) 541-5098 for expedited service. COVID-19 testing is offered at this location from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays.
UHV students in Victoria also can contact Community Health Centers of South Central Texas for COVID-19 diagnosis, treatment and/or testing, as necessary.