Update on Summer Classes, Task Forces from UHV President Bob Glenn
Dear UHV Faculty, Staff and Students,
April has seemed like a very long month. Even so, many good things have happened at UHV. Here are just a few:
- We transitioned our UHV classes to online, a situation made much less complicated by the flexibility of all of you and the university’s more than 20-year history offering high-quality, online programs.
- We’ve seen the generosity of both the UHV community and the communities we serve with donations to the UHV Student Emergency Fund, which has provided grants to help more than 250 students stay on track toward obtaining their degrees.
- We had 300 students register for our successful virtual open house this past Thursday and attend virtual sessions about UHV academic programs, financial aid, admissions, residence life, student services, athletics, military benefits and more. More virtual sessions are scheduled and I will share those dates as they get closer.
We previously announced that all classes in the first summer session beginning June 1 would be online. We now have determined that all summer classes will take place online.
UHV faculty and staff have successfully been working from home, and our best guess is that this will continue for the foreseeable future. There is not a concrete date for completely reopening UHV or UHV Katy.
However, as I stated in my email Monday afternoon, I am co-chairing a UH System task force that is developing a high-level, general plan for re-opening the UH System universities in the coming months. I also have appointed a UHV task force to develop a detailed plan for UHV’s reopening.
Below are members of the UHV task force:
- Chance Glenn (chair) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith Akins – email@example.com
- Angela Bigby – firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Burke – email@example.com
- Ken Colwell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randy Faulk – email@example.com
- Tiarah Figueroa – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brandon Lee – email@example.com
- Karen Locher – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Martinez – email@example.com
- Rosemary McCusker – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stuart Sherman – email@example.com
- Paula Cobler – firstname.lastname@example.org
UHV will adhere to all UH System guidelines as we develop our own detailed plan for reopening. All decisions will be made with the health and welfare of faculty, staff and students as the top priority.
I will continue to share information with you as decisions are made by both the UH System and UHV task forces. Thank you for your patience as we move forward. I appreciate each of you and all you have done to make this difficult time successful. I can’t wait for a time when we can see each other again in person. Until then, if I can be of any assistance, please contact me at email@example.com .