Update for COVID-19 Testing from UHV President Bob Glenn
Dear UHV Students, Faculty and Staff:
Although drive-thru and walk-up COVID-19 testing is no longer being offered at Victoria College, you still may get a free COVID-19 test nearby at Your Health Lab located in Citizens Medical Center, Building C (2710 Hospital Drive, Suite 106).
Here are some more details:
- No physician referrals or appointments are required.
- To be tested, you will need your UHV student or employee ID badge and a photo ID.
- If you have health insurance, please bring your insurance card. No copay or out-of-pocket expenses will be charged.
- Free COVID-19 testing will be offered even if you do not have health insurance.
- The molecular tests will be conducted using a nasal swab to determine if patients have an active coronavirus infection. Molecular testing is more accurate than rapid testing, but results still are available within 24 hours.
- COVID-19 testing is conducted at Your Health Lab from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday. For expedited service, be sure to call ahead at (361) 649-8770 or (361) 541-5098.
UHV students in Victoria also can contact Community Health Centers of South Central Texas for COVID-19 diagnosis, treatment and/or testing, as necessary.