University of Houston-Victoria



General Information

Student services and privileges, including library services, use of computer labs and parking terminate when a student cancels registration or withdraws from the university.  Stopping payment on a check used to pay tuition and fees is NOT official notice of cancellation, withdrawal or dropping of courses and WILL NOT release the student from their financial obligation for those courses.


Tuition Rebate for Certain Undergraduates

(Set by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board):  Tuition rebates up to a maximum of $1,000 are available for qualified students who have attempted no more than 3 hours in excess of the minimum number of semester credit hours required to complete the degree as defined by the catalog under which they were graduated. 

Qualified students must apply for the rebate at the time they apply for graduation.  For further information, email the Office of the Registrar and Student Records at or call (361)-570-4368.


Auditing a Course

Students may request to audit an online or face to face course.  To audit a course, students must complete an audit application. Audit applications can be requested in Student Billing, University West Building Room 113, or requested via email at  Audit approval is subject to seating availability.  Students auditing a course are required to pay resident tuition and fee rates.  Late registration fees are not charged.  Auditing normally conveys only the privilege of observing and does not include submitting papers, taking tests or participating in laboratories or field work.  Academic credit is not given for an audited course.  Students may, however, register for the course and pay all required tuition and fees in a later semester in order to receive academic credit.  Students must complete all required coursework, tests, lab work, field work, etc., in order to receive academic credit.



Students are authorized to park in any unreserved space without a permit. This includes any unreserved space on either UHV or Victoria College parking lots. At the UHV campus, students may also park in certain reserved spaces when those spaces are not reserved.  Students may park in “yellow” reserved spaced ONLY if the space is clearly marked as being unreserved for portions of each day and the student is parking during the unreserved time.  (Example:  Parking in reserved space at 6:30 p.m. is allowed when space indicates reserved parking from 7:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.)  Permits are required for Jaguar Hall and Jaguar Court residents.

Parking at the University of Houston-Victoria campus is shared with Victoria College. Parking and traffic regulations are enforced by UHDPS Campus Security and Victoria College Campus Police and Security who randomly patrol campus parking lots.  Citations will result in various sanctions and penalties, including warnings, fines, towing and financial stops on student accounts. Review the Common Parking and Traffic Violations section of the Campus Parking and Traffic policy for more information on common violation which may warrant a citation.  The UHV policy A-19: Campus Parking and Traffic may be accessed online.

It is unlawful for any person to park a vehicle at an institution of higher education except in a manner designed by the institution and in the spaces marked (51.205, Texas Education Code).  Additionally, the university has authority to bar or suspend driving or parking privileges for rule violations (Section 51.207, Texas Education Code).

The Campus Parking and Traffic policy establishes procedures specifically for the campus and student housing in Victoria.  University employees and students conducting business at other off-campus sites, including Victoria College and University of Houston-Victoria at Katy are expected to comply with any parking and traffic policies at those locations.  Parking regulations are subject to change by university action.

Parking Permits – Students, with the exception of those living in student housing, are not required to register their vehicles or display a permit. Students living in student housing are required to register their vehicles and display a parking permit. Permits are issued at student housing facilities. Parking permits must be properly displayed and clearly visible in the upper drivers’ side corner of the rear window.

Disabled Parking Permits –UHV, as a state institution, follows the same guidelines as the State of Texas.  For individuals with disabilities, application must be made through the individual's local tax assessor office for the specially designated state license plate or hanger which displays the disabled symbol recognized throughout the State.  Disabled parking permits must be prominently displayed.