University of Houston-Victoria



Post-Baccalaureate Student Admission

Admissions/Other Requirements:
To be eligible for admission under the post-baccalaureate classification in the undergraduate career, a student must have at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution but not be enrolled in a graduate program. 

Post-baccalaureate students may not register for graduate courses unless admitted as temporary graduate students.  Post-baccalaureate students intending to take any graduate courses should apply for graduate admission through ApplyTexas or if former UHV student they can log into their myUHV and complete the Graduate Studies Form as a non-degree seeking student.

A student must request an Update to Admissions Application for former UHV students to a future term if the student does not enroll for the term indicated on the original application.  This form is located on the UHV website under Admissions forms.

What to Submit:

  1. A completed application for post-baccalaureate admission.
  2. An official transcript showing the completion of the student’s most recent degree must be sent directly to UH-Victoria from the institution conferring that degree. 
  3. A post-baccalaureate student seeking another undergraduate degree or teacher certification is required to submit transcripts from all former institutions attended.
  4. Although unofficial documents may be accepted for course registration purposes, official transcripts showing the last semester/term of course work and degree earned must be received in the Office of Admissions by the 12th day of classes during the fall and spring terms and by the 4thday of classes during the summer terms. 
  5. Submit proof of English proficiency prior to approval for admissions.