Professor of Economics
Phone: (361) 570-4226
Office: University North 212D (Victoria)
Dr. Yong U. Glasure received his PhD in Economics from Florida State University. Before joining UHV, he was an Associate Professor of Business Administration (Economics, Finance, Management) and also served as an MBA Programs Coordinator at Wayland Baptist University for five years, while also serving as an Adjunct Associate Professor of Political Science (Public Administration) at Texas Tech University. He also taught at Texas State University at San Marcos and the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.
Dr. Glasure has published more than 30 articles in various refereed journals, such as Resource and Energy Economics, Energy Economics, Journal of Energy and Development, Energy Sources, Atlantic Economics Journal, Asian Survey, Journal of Northeast Asian Studies, and Asian Affairs. His research interests include the distribution of stock returns, fiscal policies and behavior of economic agents, and East Asian political economy in such areas as public opinion, environmental policy, trade relations, energy policy, economic and political participation issues, economic reform, and the process of economic and political democratization.
Dr. Glasure is a member of the Atlantic Economic Association International and the Missouri Valley Economic Association.
- PhD - Florida State University, Economics, 1987
- MA - University of California-Santa Barbara, Economics, 1980
Courses Taught at UHV
- ECON 2301 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 2302 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 3305 - Managerial Economics
- ECON 6351 - Economics for Managers
- ECON 6361 - Managerial Economics
- EDEN 6356 - Methods in Economic Development
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods