Associate Professor of Accounting
Phone: (281) 396-3760
Office: UHV at Katy 3-92
Dr. Xiaobo Dong graduated from Arizona State University with a PhD in Accounting in 2011. Dr. Dong has also earned a Master's degree in Economics from State University of New York (Albany), and a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from Peking University.
Dr. Dong's research focus is on financial intermediaries, especially financial statement analyst forecast, management forecast, and equity valuation. Her paper on the implication of leasing on equity value was published in Accounting Horizons. Her teaching interests are in intermediate and advanced-level financial accounting courses and managerial accounting. She is professionally and academically affiliated with the American Accounting Association.
In recognition of her scholarly achievements, Dr. Dong received the 2016 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
In her spare time, Dr. Dong enjoys reading, watching movies, and playing Chinese musical instruments.
- PhD - Arizona State University, Accountancy, 2011
- MA - State University of New York at Albany, Economics, 2006
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 3303 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ACCT 3313 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 4331 - Advanced Accounting
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis