Associate Professor of Management
Phone: (281) 396-3749
Office: UHV at Katy 3-81
Dr. Shengsheng Huang "Charlie" received his PhD from Rutgers University in International Business and Strategic Management. He has taught courses such as Business Policy & Strategy and International Business at Rutgers Business School-Newark and New Brunswick since 2009.
Dr. Huang's current research interests include location strategy of multinational corporations (MNCs), technological diffusion between the MNC and indigenous firms, and knowledge transfer within and across MNC network. He is also interested in Chinese-related phenomena such as guanxi, China automobile industry, and China outward FDI.
Dr. Huang is a current member of the Academy of Management, Academy of International Business, and the International Association of Chinese Management Research. He has also served as a conference organizer and reviewer. Prior to his graduate studies, his work experience includes many years as a copywriter, planning director, and consultant for firms with different ownerships and industries in China and the USA.
- PhD - Rutgers University, Management/International Business and Strategic Management, 2012
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 6351 - Business and Society
- MGMT 3303 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 4308 - Strategy and the Business Environment
- MGMT 4309 - Strategic Management
- MGMT 4315 - Contemporary Issues in Management
- MGMT 4316 - International Management
- MGMT 6371 - Contemporary Management Issues
- MGMT 6377 - International Management