Associate Professor of Accounting
Phone: (281) 396-3757
Office: UHV at Katy 3-89
Dr. Rachana Kalelkar graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio with a PhD in Accounting. She also holds a Master's degree and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Mumbai University. Her teaching interest is primarily in financial accounting. Since joining UHV, Dr. Kalelkar has taught various courses including Financial Statement Analysis, Contemporary Issues in Accounting, Financial Reporting and Analysis and Strategic Cost Management.
Dr. Kalelkar's research focus is on executive compensation, auditing, and corporate governance. In recent years she has articles published in various accounting journals including Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accountancy, and Valuation Strategies. She is also a member of American Accounting Association.
In recognition of her scholarly achievements, Dr. Kalelkar received the 2015 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - University of Texas-San Antonio, Business Administration/Accounting, 2012
- MS - University of Mumbai, Accounting, 2006
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 3303 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT 6352 - Strategic Cost Management
- ACCT 6373 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting