Assistant Professor of Accounting
Phone: (361) 570-4239
Office: University North 212Q (Victoria)
Qiao Xu is currently a Ph.D candidate at The University of Texas at San Antonio. She also holds a Master's degree in Accounting from University at Albany, The State University of New York, as well as a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from Nanjing Audit University. Her teaching interest is primarily in financial accounting and managerial accounting.
Ms. Xu's current research interests include executive compensation, corporate governance, the effect of accounting information on capital markets and audit. She is also a member of American Accounting Association.
- PhD Candidate (ABD) - The University of Texas at San Antonio, Accounting, 2011-Present
- MS - University at Albany, The State University of New York, Accounting, 2009
- BS - Nanjing Audit University, Accounting, 2008
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 2301 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2302 - Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 3303 - Financial Statement Analysis