Associate Professor of Economics
Phone: (281) 396-3741
Office: UHV at Katy 3-73
Dr. Durmaz, a native of Turkey, joined the School of Business Administration in the summer of 2012. His PhD is from the Auburn University. Before coming to UHV he was a visiting assistant professor at Stetson University in Florida. Dr. Durmaz’s research interest is in International Economics and Trade, Open Economy Macroeconomics, International Finance, Time Series Econometrics, and Forecasting. His research appears in peer-reviewed journals such as the International Journal of Forecasting, Economic Modelling, Journal of Economic Studies, and Economics Bulletin. He has presented his research papers at the Southern and Western Economic annual meetings, MEG Annual Meetings, and others. He is an active referee for a number of academic journals.
In recognition of his scholarly achievements, Dr. Durmaz received the 2014 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - Auburn University, Applied Economics, 2011
- MS - Auburn University, Economics, 2009
- MS - St Joseph's University, International Marketing, 2003
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 3303 - Business Statistics
- ECON 3305 - Managerial Economics
- ECON 6300 - Selected Topics in Economics (Energy Economics)