Professor of Management
Phone: (281) 396-3734
Office: UHV at Katy 3-65
Dr. Nagarajan Ramamoorthy received his PhD in Business and Management from the Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland at College Park.
Dr. Ramamoorthy has taught a variety of courses in the management discipline at both the undergraduate and graduate level. He spent a semester at the University of National and World Economy in Bulgaria as a Fulbright Scholar. He has lectured at the University of Limerick and the Irish Management Institute in Dublin, the University of Applied Sciences in Austria, and the AMRITA School of Business in India. He also received the University's Research and Scholarly Excellence Award in 2008, and the Distinguished Service Award in 2009.
His research interests are focused on international and comparative management. He has published his research in leading journals including Human Relations, British Journal of Management, Journal of International Management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Creativity and Innovation Management Journal, among others. Additionally, he has presented his research at several national and international conferences including the Academy of Management Annual Conference, International Congress of Applied Psychology, Dutch HRM Network Conferences, the British Academy of Management Conference, and more.
Dr. Ramamoorthy currently serves on several editorial boards including the Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology in the UK, the Irish Journal of Management in Ireland, Current Issues of Business and Law in Lithuania, and the Fulbright Peer Review Board.
- PhD - University of Maryland, Human Resource Management, minor in Strategic Management, 1996
- MBA - Xavier Labor Relations Institute, Human Resource Management, 1986
- MA - University of Madras, Economics, 1982
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 6351 - Business and Society
- HCAD 4353 - Human Resource Management
- MGMT 3303 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 4311 - Human Resources Management
- MGMT 4312 - Staffing
- MGMT 4313 - Compensation
- MGMT 4318 - Organizational Theory and Development
- MGMT 4320 - Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 6300 - Selected Topics in Management
- MGMT 6351 - Management and Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 6353 - Management of Diversity in Organizations
- MGMT 6369 - International Business Strategy
- MGMT 6372 - Organizational Theory and Development
- MGMT 6374 - Human Resources Management
- MGMT 6377 - International Management
- NURS 6317 - Human Resources Management in Healthcare
Honors and Achievements
- 2009: Received an Inter-Country Lectureship Award from the Fulbright Commission in Austria to give two day lectures to the students of University of St. Poelten in January 2009 on International Management topics related to my cross-cultural research. - Fulbright Commission of Austria
- 2009: Received the University of Houston-Victoria Excellence in Service Award for service to the university, profession and community. - University of Houston-Victoria
- 2008: Recipient of 2008-09 Fulbright Award for Lecturing and Research in Sofia, Bulgaria - Council for International Exchange of Scholars (Fulbright Commission)
- 2008: Recipient of Research and Scholarly Excellence Award, 2008. - University of Houston Victoria
- 2006: Recipient of Best Reviewr Award for the International Management Division of the SWAM. - Southwest Academy of Management