Professor of Marketing
Phone: (281) 396-3765
Office: UHV at Katy 3-101
Dr. Linda A. Hayes received a BS in Mechanical Engineering at Clarkson University, an MBA at University of Houston, and a PhD from the University of California at Berkeley. Dr. Hayes has 15 years of industry experience in the area of international management, where she gained expertise in project management, implementation and control.
Her research interests include strategy, assurance of learning, and perceptions, judgment and choice. Recently, she has published in the Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of International Marketing, Journal of Management Development,International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development, and International Journal of Innovation and Learning.
Dr. Hayes teaches at both the graduate and undergraduate level in the areas of Strategic Marketing Management, Business-to-Business Marketing, Services Marketing, and Business & Society. She relates her research to teaching in multiple areas such as global market strategies, trust, ethical stewardship, and program assessment.
In addition to her teaching and research, Dr. Hayes previously served as the School's Director of Program Assessment and has presented the School's assessment results at the 2007 Graduate Program Conference of AACSB, the premier accrediting organization for business schools. Dr. Hayes also served as Director of Online Services and lead the School's Online Support Group in their efforts to assist faculty and students with online courses and programs.
Dr. Hayes received a Bradley Foundation Fellowship at Berkeley, was an American Marketing Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow, and was a NASA Summer Faculty Fellow. She received several research grants at University of Houston and is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary and Pi Tau Sigma Honorary.
In recognition of her scholarly achievements, Dr. Hayes received the 2016 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - University of California at Berkeley, Marketing, 1991
- MBA - University of Houston, 1988
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 6351 - Business and Society
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 4315 - Business-to-Business Marketing
- MKTG 4317 - Services Marketing
- MKTG 6352 - Strategic Marketing Management
- MKTG 6373 - Seminar in Business to Business Marketing
- MKTG 6374 - Seminar in Services Marketing
Honors and Achievements
- 2005: Faculty Grants - University of Houston
- 1996: Summer Faculty Fellowship - National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- 1992: Research Initiation Grant - University of Houston
- 1990: Bradley Foundation Fellowship - University of California, Berkley