Professor of Management
Phone: (281) 396-3762
Office: UHV at Katy 3-94
Jifu Wang received his Ph.D. from Auburn University, and serves as the associate dean for external affairs and international programs at the University of Houston-Victoria (UHV). He was the president of US Genesis Global Capital in the years of 2010 and 2011. He was the interim dean for a year and the Chair for the Department of Management and Marketing for five years at the UHV School of Business Administration.
He worked as an executive in top management teams for several group companies when working in China’s Shenzhen Special Economic Zone. He has rich management experiences in international business and broad social network and connections in several countries in the business world. He brings the real-world mindset and experiences into classrooms and pays special attention to the course design for creating capability in students for the business challenges and students advancement in their executive survival and success.
His research interest includes global strategy, firm capabilities and organizational change, and he has published 40 referred articles, three books and three book chapters in global strategy with focus on core competence and capable organizations. His publications appeared in journals such as Global Business & Economics Review, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Journal of Nonprofit and Public Sector Marketing, and Multinational Business Review. He got the Best Paper Award from Decision Science Institute (Southwest) and McGraw Hill Best Paper Award in 2015 Federation of Business Disciplines.
In recognition of his scholarly achievements, Dr. Wang received the 2014 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - Auburn University, Management, 2001
- MS - Auburn University, Human Resource Management, 2000
- MBA - Emporia State University, Management, 1997
Courses Taught at UHV
- MGMT 4300 - Selected Topics in Management (China Study Abroad: Leadership and Practice in Action)
- MGMT 4300 Study Abroad - Study Abroad
- MGMT 4318 - Organizational Theory and Development
- MGMT 4325 - Organizational Change
- MGMT 6300 - Selected Topics in Management (China Study Abroad: Leadership and Practice in Action)
- MGMT 6300 Study Abroad - Study Abroad
- MGMT 6354 - Leadership and Organizational Change
- MGMT 6359 - Seminar in Strategic Management
- MGMT 6369 - International Business Strategy
- MGMT 6372 - Organizational Theory and Development
- MGMT 6377 - International Management
Honors and Achievements
- 2005: Best Paper Award, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - International Applied Business Research Conference
- 2003: Best Paper Award, Acapulco, Mexico - The 2003 International Applied Business Research Conference
- 2002: Best Paper Award, Las Vegas, Nevada - International Business and Science Research Conference
- 2000: HPAIR 2000 Scholarship - Harvard University
- 2000: Outstanding Ph. D. Student - Auburn University
- 1999: Presidential Graduate Fellowship - Auburn University
- 1997: Outstanding MBA - Emporia State University
- 1995: Outstanding Member of the University - Eastern New Mexico University
- 1994: International Student Scholarship - Eastern New Mexico University